How to handle Seasonal Reminders - Income/Paychecks and Expenses

Community UserCommunity User Member ✭✭✭✭
edited November 18 in Paying Bills (Windows)
I have searched and searched and I can't seem to find a feature that allows me to enter a paycheck with a stop date, or in other words a paycheck that I will receive only for a specific time. For example if I were a public school teacher and had different employment over the summer, how do I tell my budget planner and my paycheck planner that I receive my two paychecks at different times? I am currently running Quicken Premier 2003, if the feature is not available in 2003 does it occur in later editions?Thanks for any help C.L. Rogers

Comments

• Community UserCommunity User Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19
    > I have searched and searched and I can't seem to find
    > a feature that allows me to enter a paycheck with a
    > stop date, or in other words a paycheck that I will
    > receive only for a specific time. For example if I
    > were a public school teacher and had different
    > employment over the summer, how do I tell my budget
    > planner and my paycheck planner that I receive my two
    > paychecks at different times? I am currently running
    > Quicken Premier 2003, if the feature is not available
    > in 2003 does it occur in later editions?
    >
    > Thanks for any help
    >
    > C.L. Rogers

You can't do this with a paycheck, but you can do it with a regular scheduled transactions. Look at an existing register entry for your paycheck and examine the splits. Then create a scheduled transaction using the same split categories and amounts.
    ----------------------------------------Quicken Steve
    Signature - Please remember that this is a User-to-User community forum. If you come in to get an answer, see if there are any that you can provide. The more people who do that, the more likely you will get your answer.To help others trying to answer your question, go to "User Preferences" at the top middle of any forum page and then go to "My Profile" and fill in those fields.
    Intuit Employee's using the forum can be identified by the name "Quicken <First name>" followed by a red Q. Unless a poster has the above requirements they are not an Intuit employee.
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happen to just run across this "expense" concept again - similar to paycheck...
    SO... for lawn care or other seasonal income/expense -
    how do you setup a Reminder to handle it,
    and be able to specify a start and stop set of dates...

Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ps56k said:
    Happen to just run across this "expense" concept again - similar to paycheck...
    SO... for lawn care or other seasonal income/expense -
    how do you setup a Reminder to handle it,
    and be able to specify a start and stop set of dates...

There's at least one Idea about setting End Dates on a paycheck reminder:
    The Start Date is the Due Date you specify for recording the first transaction.
    Vote on it and keep looking. You might find other Idea posts.

This discussion has been closed.