How to remove duplicate repeating online payments in Projected Balances and Upcoming Bill

Have 5 diffetent repeating online payments. 4 are monthly and 1 is weekly. The weekly payment, and 3 of the 4 monthly payments appear twice in the Projected Balances list and the Upcoming Bills reports. There are no splits on these payments. The checking register seems completely correct. No duplicates there. Once the date of the acutal payment comes and goes, the duplicate goes away too. There done not appear to be anything unique about the 5th payment that is not duplicated. Seems set up like all the rest, although it is newer compared to the others.

Any suggestions on how to manage this? Would be great if I could get an accurate projected balances graph.

Comments

• JackackakJackackak Member
    edited July 2016
    Update on this problem. I disabled the automatic payments for 3 of the 4 accounts in Quicken Bill Pay and did an online update. Each of the payments (incuding the duplicates) were removed.  Added the monthly payments back into Quicken Bill Pay and did another online update. The payments now appear correctly in the projected balanced report without duplicates. Will do the 4th payment in a couple of days after that has been paid. Hope this resolves it going forward. Will see what happens next month.
  • FixitnowFixitnow Member
    edited January 2017
    I have the same problem.  It appears to be related to the repeating online bills that have been entered.  For example: my mortgage payment has already entered into my register for this month.  So my projected balance is effected by the register entry for the mortgage, AND the scheduled mortgage online payment - which is wrong - because it is showing double the impact on my projected balance.  

Has anyone figured out what is causing this?   I need to depend on an accurate projected balance for my cashflow planning.
  • Quicken DaveQuicken Dave Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi Jackackak,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with the duplicate repeating payments. To help us provide the most appropriate response, please let us know which Quicken product (QWin or QMac) and what version (2016, 2017, etc.) you are using. Also, are you using the US version of Quicken or Quicken Canada?

Thanks,
    Dave
  • LooseBruceLooseBruce Member
    edited April 2017
    I have had the same problem with every version of Quicken I have owned.  It is exactly how FixItNow describes and is very annoying.  I have deleted Repeating Payments and then put them back in.  This results in a temporary fix as the issue comes back.  I use 2017Premier V6 26.1.6.1
    edited April 2017

I have had the same problem with every version of Quicken I have owned.  It is exactly how FixItNow describes and is very annoying.  I have deleted Repeating Payments and then put them back in.  This results in a temporary fix as the issue comes back.  I use 2017Premier V6 26.1.6.1

Any help on this is appreciated.
  • John PalmerJohn Palmer Member
    edited April 2017
    I have the same issue and the same question: how to resolve this double-payment issue?  I'm using Quicken Deluxe 2017 for Windows, which is connected to my bank as Direct Connect.  I created a recurring payment on my bank's web site, and now it shows up as both a "pending online payment" and also a duplicate online entry with a check number and a future date.
    edited May 2017
    I just a post that is closed from a few years back that said they will fix the problem.  I'm beginning to think that the solution is to find software that works and stop paying for Quicken.
  • Jamie GibsonJamie Gibson Member
    edited June 2017

I just posted the same problem because I could not find this thread until after I made the post.  Ugh.  I believe it is a bug .

• VickieVickie Member
    edited September 2017

Hi Jackackak,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with the duplicate repeating payments. To help us provide the most appropriate response, please let us know which Quicken product (QWin or QMac) and what version (2016, 2017, etc.) you are using. Also, are you using the US version of Quicken or Quicken Canada?

Thanks,
    Dave

I am also having the same problem.  I am using Quickens 2015 Deluxe with Windows 10.  The thing I liked with my old Quickens was being able to know what my projected balance.  Now that I am on a limited income it is real important.  Thank you.   
  • Myndi DillardMyndi Dillard Member
    edited September 2017
    I have the same problem. I use Quicken 2016 Deluxe on a PC. It happens on any auto recurring payment that I have setup with my bank. It only duplicates once you "pay" the bill and it goes into your register. Then it shows both the repeating bill and the paid bill in the Monthly Bills section. It does make cash flow planning hard.image
  • I am having the same problem -- sort of.  I have two and three duplicates in my CALENDAR (not register) that I cannot delete!!  This is why I'm looking for alternatives to Quicken and won't spend any more money on them.