Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Buy ESPP Shares Problem...

Walter Roth
Walter Roth Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in Investing (Windows)

I just started to have a problem entering ESPP purchase into Quicken 2014 Premier. I can't seem to select the ESPP security I have for ESPP shares. I haven't had problems for years with previous versions of Quicken or with 2014 until this past month. Here are the steps I follow...

1. In my brokerage account register, I click "Enter Transactions"

2. In the "Enter Transaction:" drop box, I select "Bought ESPP Shares"

3. I click "Launch Wizard"

4. The "A stock I already track" button is already selected. In the Stock: drop box, I can no longer find the ESPP stock I want to buy.

I checked my Security List, and indeed, the ESPP stock is still listed there.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what happened and how do I get this working again?

Comments

• Howard Roark
    Howard Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

I believe that every time you make an ESPP purchase, you need to choose the non-ESPP name of the stock you want to buy. The ESPP Wizard will create a Bought transaction using the ESPP name.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I had this problem with both Q2013 and Q2014, the security I wanted was not listed in the ESPP buy wizard. I believe this was due to data issues as a brand new Q2014 file had the ESPP security.

I had to revert to my last file from Q2012 (prior to my first Q2013 conversion) and enter/import the data for the intervening time. I did convert to Q2013 quite early, your issue may not be so severe.

I'd step back through your backups until you find one that works, then load the intervening data.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
This discussion has been closed.