Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why does my investment update not connect and download the current investment prices?

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)

Wondering why the update quotes and historical prices will not download anymore. I have confirmed there is an internet connection but I don't get any response. Everything else seems to be working.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    How are you attempting to download those quotes?  There's several possible places to do this in Q.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Just hitting the update button drop down and selecting "Quotes" and then "Historical Prices"
  • NotACPA
    edited October 2018
    OK, try clicking the INVESTING menu, then Download Activity, then Historical Quotes.
    Also, do CTRL-Y and make sure that your various securities have the correct symbols, and are marked for "Download Quotes".
    Lastly, can you provide an example of a couple of the security names and symbols?  So that we can test the situation.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    When doing that process, I get the same activity.  It's like there's no command associated with that action.  I get no dialog box going through the update.  Everything worked last Friday as my last update was 3/6/15 @ 3:42pm .  All the symbols are corrected as previous downloads were accurate.  One example...Health Care REIT (HCN)
  • NotACPA
    edited October 2018
    I just added HCN to my Q data file, and as part of the setup got monthly quotes for HCN going back to 3/31/10.  And I did NOT add any holdings for the security.  Just the info provided from the new security setup routing.
    Examine, again, your setup of any securities that don't download quotes.

BTW, I'm running H&B 2015 also.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Went back and looked at the list of securities.  All the ones I want downloaded are marked as download.  Could I just have to re-install.  Again, when I click the Update option, literally nothing happens.  It's as if that command is lost and it's the button is a non-functioning button.
  • NotACPA
    edited October 2018
    Before you reinstall, try this:  FILE, File Operations, Validate and Repair ... being sure to check BOTH "Validate File" and "Rebuild investing Lots" before you click OK.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    The validate & repair did it.  Thank you.
  • NotACPA
    edited October 2018
    Glad you got it working
This discussion has been closed.