Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why does Quicken continues to call KMI by KM Energy Partners although merger completed?

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited September 2018 in Investing (Windows)

After correctly entering all the data regarding the KM Energy Partners absorption into KMI, my only problem is that Quicken update continues to insist that it is downloading information for KM Energy Partners instead of for KMI even though the old company no longer is traded. How do I get Quicken to use the new name and symbol KMI? It has even recorded dividends in 2015 under the old name. My account is with TDAmeritrade and they have made all proper changes to the new name KMI. Thanks.

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

I suspect you have a security mis-match.

Edit your security details for all related securities (KMI, KMP, etc). Uncheck the "Matched with Online Security". Then either re-download data or through the Tools -- Online Center, initiate a new Compare to Portfolio. You will then have the opportunity to re-associate online securities to your Quicken Securities.

HTH
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    q.lurker said:

I suspect you have a security mis-match.

Edit your security details for all related securities (KMI, KMP, etc). Uncheck the "Matched with Online Security". Then either re-download data or through the Tools -- Online Center, initiate a new Compare to Portfolio. You will then have the opportunity to re-associate online securities to your Quicken Securities.

HTH

Thank you! That has been a problem for me for years in the past.  I so appreciate your finally providing me with the simple solution.  KMI is now matched with the online security.  Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.