Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken 2015 Premier Reports Incorrect IRA and Brokerage Balances

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited December 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken 2015 Premier .. not using mobile app .. never did with this installation.

Quicken reports incorrect balance for Wells Fargo IRA.

Quicken reports incorrect balance for Wells Fargo Brokerage.

IRA error is in excess of $54K.

Brokerage errors is in excess of $10K.

Wells Fargo on line account and Mint.com account agree exactly.

Screen captures from all three sources are attached. Account numbers are blanked out.

$65K in errors is unacceptable.

imageimageimage

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Quicken should be reporting the balances using the transactions in its registers and the price of the securities. If there is a difference in the number of shares, then you should correct the transactions in the register. Otherwise, I suggest that you examine the price of the securities.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Sherlock said:

Quicken should be reporting the balances using the transactions in its registers and the price of the securities. If there is a difference in the number of shares, then you should correct the transactions in the register. Otherwise, I suggest that you examine the price of the securities.

I deleted and re-added the accounts. The result was the identical error. It appears that Quicken is not picking up the correct number of shares .. or that quicken in not picking up the correct prices.  I will check my actual shares vs what Quicken has ... if an difference exists, that doesn't explain how that difference came to exist.  There are other community comments reflecting similar problems with Quicken.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Sherlock said:

In both my IRA and Brokerage account, I purchased LDLFX.  Quicken imported the data as LFRFX. This QUICKEN ERROR accounted for the differences in the value of my portfolios.

Thanks to Sherlock for the suggestion that I look at the number of shares ... that led me to look at the latest price .. which led me to see the incorrect handling of the import by Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.