Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why isn't Conagra (CAG) saved in the securities list?

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited December 2018 in Investing (Windows)

I have to redefine CAG (Conagra Foods, Inc) every time I enter a dividend transaction. Entering CAG directly using the securities list tool doesn't seem to work either. The procedure doesn't indicate any error, and looks like it is working; however, CAG never gets added to the securities list.

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

You probably already have a security in your Quicken Security list with the ticker CAG. You should be able to sort that list by Ticker Symbol to help locate it. Without jumping through some hoops, you cannot have two securities with the same ticker.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    q.lurker said:

You probably already have a security in your Quicken Security list with the ticker CAG. You should be able to sort that list by Ticker Symbol to help locate it. Without jumping through some hoops, you cannot have two securities with the same ticker.

No, I can see that it is definitely not in the sorted securities list.  Thus, I have to redefine it each time I enter a dividend transaction.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Just to clarify, it is definitely not showing up in the sorted securities list.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2016
    q.lurker said:

Have you checked the "hidden" securities?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Howard Roark
    Howard Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    q.lurker said:

" ...  it is definitely not in the sorted securities list".

Sorted by what?
    You need to sort the list by ticker symbol.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    q.lurker said:

Yep, that was it.  It was hidden.  I was fooled by the hidden checkbox after each security.  I assumed that all securities would be shown and the hidden ones would have the box checked.  I didn't notice the "show all hidden" selection at the bottom of the list.
This discussion has been closed.