QCleanUI is not up to date for Quicken 2016.

QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 11 in
I downloaded QCleanUI from this page and it only handles up to Quicken 2015.

http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/help/downloading--installing--upgrading-and-converting/using-qclea...

imageimageimageimage

Comments

• markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    Disturbing because it is being recommended as part of a fix to resolve many Q16 issues. It has been updated for Win 10. Since the file structures for Q15 and Q16 are so similar, it would seem it might still work. Have you determined which file remnants remain?
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I think the main thing to understand about cleaning up the registry (not the necessarily the directory structures), is that every version of Quicken has an unique Id.  This is in fact the main reason that QCleanUI needs to be updated.
    Without it looking for the Quicken 2016 Id, and removing registry information based on it, it will not be a completely clean uninstall.

Well first off when you install QCleanUI it clearly states it is for 97 to 2015.
    Also when QCleanUI runs it will show the currently installed version of Quicken in the pull down menu as the default to clean.
    With Quicken 2016 installed, that pull down menu is blank.
    In the text section it does show Quicken 2016, but that might just be read from the file system instead of the registry.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Note I said it clearly states about what versions it is for, well I now realize that is only true if you have UAC enabled.  It states it on that dialog.  You can also see this description, by right clicking on QCleanUI.exe -> Properties -> Details (File Description, expand the value to set the end)
    Also the copyright is set to 2014.  Now sure they might have forgot to update this information, but behavior with the pull down menu says otherwise to me.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I have added screenshots to the question with used with Quicken 2015 and 2016 installed.
    Note that even with Quicken 2015 not all folders/files are removed, but they cover that problem with the procedure that tells people to removed the folders manually.  It is really the registry that is of concern.
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    Got it and posted link to this post in lounge.
  • Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

Thanks, QPW!

I'll get this reported right away--

Thanks,

Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    @QuicknPerlWiz  This has been fixed.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    splasher said:

[mention://44323 @QuicknPerlWiz]
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    splasher said:

Thanks Splasher.