Reinstate Mac Quicken's Great Reporting?

Please, please, just bring back the Reports dialog box from pre-2015 versions.

I have been a devoted user since '93, have data in my q file back to then. I've run multiple multimillion-dollar businesses in Quicken (back then, a $19 program!), with world-class cost and revenue accounting based on diligent categories, classes/tags, and split transactions. 

Reports: I just want categories in rows, classes/tags (or months, quarters, years) in columns. That's all. Impossible in this version.

Without this reporting, the program and all those decades of excruciatingly curated data are useless to me. The program has been kneecapped.

I was forced to upgrade, would have kept with 2007 otherwise. It's been stunningly solid as a rock, Quicken in general has been, for decades. 

Please, just need basic reporting back, a pretty easy dev buildout.

Thanks.

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

I agree that reporting capabilities are under developed in QM2016. As a result reports in QM2007 are not carried over.  This is the EXACT same need I have and one of the main reasons that is holding me back on QM2007.

If you have not done so already, I suggest you add your vote for these features to help guide the priorities by the developers. As per the directions of intuit Admin, you can submit your request for bugs/features for Quicken 2016 for Mac by entering into the field "Something not listed? Tell us:" here: http://www.quicken.com/mac/feedback

This is the surest way for them to see your request. The field may appear small but you can type in quite a bit.

Take the time to also vote on any of the listed features that Intuit is considering.

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:

• a.beckera.becker Member
    edited July 2016

I agree that reporting capabilities are under developed in QM2016. As a result reports in QM2007 are not carried over.  This is the EXACT same need I have and one of the main reasons that is holding me back on QM2007.

If you have not done so already, I suggest you add your vote for these features to help guide the priorities by the developers. As per the directions of intuit Admin, you can submit your request for bugs/features for Quicken 2016 for Mac by entering into the field "Something not listed? Tell us:" here: http://www.quicken.com/mac/feedback

This is the surest way for them to see your request. The field may appear small but you can type in quite a bit.

Take the time to also vote on any of the listed features that Intuit is considering.

Seeing all the requests to implement removed features that older versions already had, I just can't understand what Intuit is thinking when they release these "upgrades" that are actually downgrades.  This has happened to me every couple of years for the past decade with Quicken - big hassle with trying to convert THEIR files, weeks of manual repairs to the files, and the newer app still won't do what the old one did.
    edited December 2016

I understand your frustration. But understand that QM2016 was re-written from the ground up (starting in 2010 with Quicken Essentials) and is not an upgrade from QM2007 so there are some features that are still not there or are not as fully developed yet. They have to be added back in. Unfortunately, this does take a long time, longer than some of use would like. Be sure to send you feedback to try to influence development.

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

edited December 2016

It is the main course of action we have.

• JD96yJD96y Member
    edited July 2016

I have been using Quicken since Version 3.0 or before. Features I have appreciated include the REPORTS and the option of adjusting the size of the fonts. I considered buying Quicken Essential when it first came out; I found it lacking.  I tried iBank awhile, but was very happy to return to Quicken2007 when it came out. I have been hoping and there would be an upgrade of QM2007, but the  “upgrades” have NOT been upgrades. The better description is a “down grade” of QM2007. I understand it has been “rewritten from the ground up” and possibly is an improvement from the previous version of Essentials, but we need an upgrade from QM2007 that has, at least, ALL of the features of QM2007. In the meantime, I remain on QM 2007 – unless I give up and go to some other program.
  • edited July 2016

QM2007 Reports are critical to me. I did buy QM2016 to see what report features it has. Not even close. I'm returning it for refund. Hope Intuit fixes this soon. I'm actively hunting for a competitor's package that can produce professionally styled reports like you need for financial statements.
  • Quicken Generic UserQuicken Generic User Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

I so appreciate your response.  I tried updated QM a year or two ago and discovered it a total waste for my needs.  Fortunately they updated QM 2007 that still works just fine for the business reports I need.  I do not understand why Intuit keeps missing the boat on that, when they got it correct w/ QM 2007
    edited December 2016

To try to have an influence on their priorities, be sure to submit your feedback at the link above.

• Kim HamiltonKim Hamilton Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Let's keep this topic alive. QM2007 reporting was very good and QM2016 much more limited. Intuit has it's end point established.
    edited July 2016

I had no idea until i started trying [with much frustration] to run my year end reports. This is awful!!! I "upgraded" from Quicken Essentials ASSUMING since it was more expensive and a step up, that it would be better. This is going to cost me SO much time and effort. Does anyone out there have a better program I should be using for 2016? [please don't recommend QuickBooks!]
  • Steve RothSteve Roth Member
    edited August 2018

Again: all that's need is to re-create the Reports dialog box from earlier version. All functionality is fully specced out right there. Developer friends say a hotshot could do this in (way?) less than two weeks.

C'mon Intuit, go Nike on us. Just do it.

Thanks,

Steve
  • mfman76mfman76 Member
    edited July 2016

Again: all that's need is to re-create the Reports dialog box from earlier version. All functionality is fully specced out right there. Developer friends say a hotshot could do this in (way?) less than two weeks.

Thanks,

Steve

Your absolutly right!!
    edited December 2016

Thanks,

Steve

Here is a recent Chat with Quicken Support          2:55:36 p.m. Kimball Hamilton: How can I run a report the same as the Transaction detail report in Q2007 with the same customize options?
    2:55:56 p.m. Rey-Cyrus T: If I understood your concern correctly, you having a problem to create a report on Quicken 2016, am I correct?
    2:56:51 p.m. Kimball Hamilton: Yes. I used Transaction Details Report extensively in 2007 and I can't replicate it in 2016
    2:58:06 p.m. Rey-Cyrus T: I understand Kimball, please give me 2-3 minutes to check my resouces.
    2:58:26 p.m. Kimball Hamilton: ok
    2:59:37 p.m. Rey-Cyrus T: May I know if what report you want to generate?
    3:00:11 p.m. Kimball Hamilton: Transaction Detail Report as in Quicken 2007.
    3:05:19 p.m. Rey-Cyrus T: I understand, we can't create a a Transaction report on Quicken 2016. only Category reports and others. You can actually vote for a few features to be added to Quicken 2016 for Mac. We'd love your feedback. Please click on the link to do so. <a href="http://intuitquicken.zuberance.com/reviewV2/start/92868615" target="_blank" class="iwt-message-link">intuitquicken.zuberance.com/reviewV2/start/92868615</a>
    3:07:39 p.m. Kimball Hamilton: That is a show stopper. Q2007 has an excellent report system. Q2016 curated reports are of no value to me. Any news that the development team is working hard to bring Q2016 up to the functionality of Q2007?
    3:09:00 p.m. Rey-Cyrus T: I understand Kimball, please vote or give a feedback. and our development team will react on your feedback
    3:11:46 p.m. Kimball Hamilton: Let's hope so. I've used Quicken for Mac for over 20 years. I perish the though of having to use Quicken for Windows or abandon Quicken entirely.
    3:12:00 p.m. Kimball Hamilton: Thanks for you help.
    3:12:10 p.m. Rey-Cyrus T: You're most welcome!
  • daubie99daubie99 Member
    edited July 2016

I'm going to nurse mine for this year because I have too.  Then I'm dumping Quicken....I can hire someone to do my work cheaper than I can work around the hassle of deteriorating software.  Unfortunately I upgraded my operating system to run Q2016 and now Q2007 won't even open up.  I'm bummed about their upgrades.
    edited December 2016

I'm converting back to Q2007. Allot of hassle but less frustrating. What do you mean about after upgrading OS it won't open. Are you saying El Capitan cannot run Q2007? That is the first time I heard that. The fact that a number of banks no longer support Quicken 2007 bill pay is not a concern of mine.
  • edited July 2016

I'm running QM2007 on El Capitan (10.11.2) with no problems except for infrequent 'hangs' requiring a restart. But unclear if that's an El Capitan issue
    edited December 2016

[mention://4425228 @daubie99] this is a little off topic but you need to make sure you have QM2007 v16.1.x or higher which will run on Mac OS X 10.6.8 to 10.11 El Capitan (so far). Do a search on QLC to find info I have posted many times on how to get it.

edited December 2016

[mention://4311686 @hkimhamilton] are you using v16.2.3 and Mac OS X 10.9 or higher? That is now the minimum required to maintain online connected services due to new security protocols in place, since about late Nov 2015.

edited December 2016

I am using Q2007 v16.2.2 and Mac OS X 10.10.5. I am not having any difficulty downloading transactions from Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Chase Card or CitiCard. I do not use Quicken Bill pay. I use the Bank's bill paying services or vendor's. What difficulty have you heard about if the requirements you state are not in place?
    edited December 2016

This is the official announcement: https://qlc.intuit.com/announcements/1263209
    Maybe there is a delay in fully implementing this.

• goldsmith0goldsmith0 Member
    edited July 2016

Here is the comment regarding the latest QM2007 version : "If you are using Quicken Mac 2007 version 16.2.3, you may still use your Quicken product once you update to Mac OS X 10.9 or later.  Please make sure you have applied the latest security patches."  Am I to assume that the latest security patches are not included with the new upgrade?  Where do you get these latest security patches?  How do you "make sure you have applied the latest security patches"?
    edited December 2016

Do you know where I can get an upgrade of v 16.2.2 to 16.2.3?
    edited December 2016

Simply select Check for Updates under the Quicken 2007 menu when it is launched.

edited July 2016

Boot Quicken and under the "Quicken 2007" heading dropdown select "check for updates"
  • daubie99daubie99 Member
    edited July 2016

When I try to open one of my previous accounts, done on Q2007, I get the message "You can't open the application "Quicken 2007" because PowerPC applications are no longer supported."   I'm not computer savy enough to know what that means.  Others are saying it's possible to run it on "El Capitan."  2016 sucks, but I'll make it do this year, then I'll seek other resolutions.
    edited December 2016

[mention://4425228 @daubie99] You are clearly running QM2007 v16.0.x. You need v16.1.x or higher. Please read the following to get the latest version of QM2007: http://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/how-can-i-get-quicken-for-mac-2007-rd2eywilthsnk

• Steve RothSteve Roth Member
    edited April 2018

It took a lengthy chat conversation with Quicken support (typically, the rep kept trying to follow some irrelevant troubleshooting script and I had to keep asking the same question over and over...), but I managed to get access to download QM 2007 16.2.3. So far it's working great in El Cap.
  • neilfaiman24neilfaiman24 Member
    edited February 2017

Amen!

For the first six months, Intuit was really good about adding back in most of the important Quicken Mac 2007 functionality that was lost in QM2015. But Reports is still the HUGE missing feature.
    edited December 2016

Amen!

For the first six months, Intuit was really good about adding back in most of the important Quicken Mac 2007 functionality that was lost in QM2015. But Reports is still the HUGE missing feature.

Let's keep this discussion alive. Maybe, just maybe, someone from Intuit might jump in.
  • markpanikmarkpanik Member
    edited July 2016

It took a lengthy chat conversation with Quicken support (typically, the rep kept trying to follow some irrelevant troubleshooting script and I had to keep asking the same question over and over...), but I managed to get access to download QM 2007 16.2.3. So far it's working great in El Cap.

Where can someone download QM 2007 16.2.3?