Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do you add tenants from existing address book?

i just upgrades from quicken home and business 2013 to quicken rental 2016 how can i add tenants from my existing address book. I already have tenants and properties set up from H&B there should be a drop down menu when adding tenants?

Comments

• Howard Roark
    Howard Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Home & Business has no concept of "tenant" or "property", so you will have to establish those in the Rental Property version where they have very specific characteristics and specific requirements for creating them.

Both properties and tenants are created on the Rental Property tab (if you don't see it, go to View > Tabs to show, and put a check mark by Rental Property).
    On the Rental Property tab, use the Properties and Tenants button to access the dialogs to create new properties and tenants.

I suspect your H&B "properties" were asset accounts: during the creation of a new property in Rental Property Manager you'll get the opportunity to tell Quicken that you are "tracking the value of this rental property", where you can specify the name of an existing Quicken account.

When you create a tenant in Rental Property Manager, you can use the name of an existing Quicken payee, so that should allow you to turn your H&B "tenants" into Rental Property Manager tenants.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016

Home & Business has no concept of "tenant" or "property", so you will have to establish those in the Rental Property version where they have very specific characteristics and specific requirements for creating them.

Both properties and tenants are created on the Rental Property tab (if you don't see it, go to View > Tabs to show, and put a check mark by Rental Property).
    On the Rental Property tab, use the Properties and Tenants button to access the dialogs to create new properties and tenants.

I suspect your H&B "properties" were asset accounts: during the creation of a new property in Rental Property Manager you'll get the opportunity to tell Quicken that you are "tracking the value of this rental property", where you can specify the name of an existing Quicken account.

When you create a tenant in Rental Property Manager, you can use the name of an existing Quicken payee, so that should allow you to turn your H&B "tenants" into Rental Property Manager tenants.

Thank you for the answer but I have no option to add existing tenants in RPM is there supposed to be a drop down menu when I add tenants from my current address book?
  • Howard Roark
    Howard Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

As I said before: you do not have any "existing tenants" as far as Rental Property Manager is concerned. You will have to ADD all your tenants as NEW tenants to Quicken.

Also, as I said before: you add properties and tenants using the "Properties and Tenants" button on the "Rental Property" tab (Properties first, then Tenants). When you are adding a new tenant, you can use the same name you used for that person in Home & Business.
This discussion has been closed.