QOLQuarantine error 418?? how to resolve - unable to download transactions from financial institutio

Niobe BurdenNiobe Burden Member
edited September 2017 in
This is not a download error -324.  When I try to establish the steps provided in the article detailed as an answer I am unable to.  The financial institution list is a list of "unsupported - #"  ie US Bank is "unsupported - 1402"

Unable to set up download connection for any of my accounts

I attach screenshots......

Chase

US Bank

Capital One

I am using Quicken Essentials with upgrade from April 2015 to allow transactions to continue to be downloaded.  I have a current operating system of OS X10.11.3

All seems up to date

Please help!  Taxes due!

imageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Quicken ColinQuicken Colin Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Good morning,

I understand how the situation can be frustrating.  It looks like you are using Quicken Essentials.  The ability for Quicken Essentials to download transactions was discontinued on April 30th 2015: http://knowledgebase.quicken.com/support/help/shopping-and-buying/quicken-discontinuation-policy/GEN82218.h....  The versions of Quicken for Mac currently able to download transactions are Quicken 2007, Quicken 2015, and Quicken 2016.

You can enter transactions manually and continue to use the other features of Quicken Essentials, but it cannot download transactions.

Best of luck
    Colin
  • Quicken DaveQuicken Dave Alumni
    edited September 2017

Hi Burdenaustere,

I'm sorry for any confusion or frustration this may have caused. I waned to take this opportunity to provide a little background information to support the answer provided by Quicken Colin ...

As per the Quicken End User License Agreement and the Quicken Discontinuation Policy, the online services and Quicken support for Quicken Essentials was discontinued at the end of April, 2015. Quicken sent out email reminders about the discontinuation for months prior to the discontinuation. I apologize if you did not receive any of the notices.

Maintaining server access for multiple products and versions is very costly for financial institutions, service providers, and data centers. Online services are routinely discontinued after 3+ years of product life to keep the costs to everyone more reasonable.  

Only the online services for Quicken Essentials were discontinued. You can continue to use your product, without downloading data from your banks. Reports, Planners, Budgets, manual transactions, etc. will still function. However, if you want to download transactions, you will need to continue to use Quicken for Mac 2007, 2015 or 2016, or install one of the Quicken for Windows products (QW2014, QW2015 or QW2016) using something like Parallels in a Virtual Machine environment. If you choose this route, please be aware that the online services for Quicken for Windows 2014 and QW 2015 will be discontinued at the end of April 2017 and 2018, respectively.

When you have a moment you can read over the Quicken discontinuation policy in the following article:

Quicken Discontinuation Policy   
    I hope this background information is helpful,
    Dave