Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Can Quicken 2016 Rental Property Manager show more than five savings goals at a time and be more lik

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018

What you see is what you get.  Lots of people complained about the wasted space and such of the new design when it came out a few years ago, but you can see how much good that did.

BTW Your screenshot also shows a bug that has been there since that format came out, but only seems to happen to some people, and that is the saving goal information is being cut off.  As far as I know no one has figured out exact what causes it.  Speculation is on Windows scaling not being at 100% or using View -> Use Large Fonts.  But you don't seem to be using either of those settings.

You can put in your suggestion here:

Quicken Product Feedback Survey
  • Howard Roark
    Howard Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I suspect part of your problem is related to the bug that QuicknPerlWiz noted.
    I have Q2016 R5 running in 64 bit Windows 7 - resolution 1680 x 1050 - not using Large Fonts.
    I can see at least 8 savings goals displayed at Planning > Savings Goals ... and none of my goals have any truncation.
  • Howard Roark
    Howard Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I forgot: it should be obvious that you're not going to get the same number of savings goals displayed in Q2016 as you did in Q2011. It is literally impossible when you look at the difference in the way the goals are displayed.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    When I look at those screenshots I'm mystified of why the truncation is happening.  It is very clear that large fonts are not being used, it is a Windows 7 machine, resolution of the screen is "plenty", and its not a super high resolution screen that is using Windows scaling.  So what is triggering the truncation?

I have seen truncation before, but not when there is plenty of space on either side.

BTW this of course a complete side track on the original question, which has been answered.
    Everyone that I have heard feedback from that used savings goal for more than say one of two of them thought this change was horrible, but there is nothing us users can do about except provided feedback in the feedback form provided.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    QPW said:

What you see is what you get.  Lots of people complained about the wasted space and such of the new design when it came out a few years ago, but you can see how much good that did.

BTW Your screenshot also shows a bug that has been there since that format came out, but only seems to happen to some people, and that is the saving goal information is being cut off.  As far as I know no one has figured out exact what causes it.  Speculation is on Windows scaling not being at 100% or using View -> Use Large Fonts.  But you don't seem to be using either of those settings.

You can put in your suggestion here:

Quicken Product Feedback Survey

My screen resolution and font settings are set to default,  (HP's default font setting is 125%).  Anything less than default makes my fonts tiny - however it fixes the display problem.  My biggest concern is I have 186 goals and only seeing 5 goals per screen is totally ridiculous.  I'm going back to Q2011
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    My screen resolution and font settings are set to default,  (HP's default font setting is 125%).  Anything less than default makes my fonts tiny - however it fixes the display problem.  My biggest concern is I have 186 goals and only seeing 5 goals per screen is totally ridiculous.  I'm going back to Q2011
This discussion has been closed.