Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do i record a personal expense (like a dining charge) from my rental property account?

I have made a few personal purchases from my rental property account and these expenses should not be listed on a Schedule E. How do I keep this from happening?

Comments

• Howard Roark
    Howard Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    "How do I keep this from happening?"

It's not the account that matters, it's the transaction.

The only transactions that will appear in a Schedule E report are transactions that have a Schedule E tax line item assigned - regardless of what account they are recorded in
    Tax line items can be assigned to categories in the Category List. If you use such a category for a transaction, that transaction will appear in the Schedule E report.
    Tax line items can be assigned to transactions that don't use a Schedule E category by right-clicking the transaction and selecting "Tax Line Item Assignments". If you assign a Schedule E tax line item to a transaction in this manner, it will appear in the Schedule E tax report.

As long as the transaction does not have a Schedule E tax line item assigned, it will not appear in the Schedule E report.
This discussion has been closed.