Why am I getting an “Oops", "Unknown Error" or “Check Internet Connection” error message when I try

Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator
edited January 24 in

Quicken for Windows: Why am I getting an “Oops” or “Check Internet Connection” error message when I try to update my accounts in Quicken?

Quicken Kathryn
Community Administrator

Comments

• Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator
    edited October 2017

With our recent product release updates, Quicken has implemented several enhancements, including Multi Factor Authentication (MFA), as part of our continuous efforts to keep your data secure. 

What does this error mean?

MFA verification is required to enable Quicken to connect to online banking services.  If you have not updated to the latest release, your Quicken is not MFA enabled, and Quicken can’t connect to the internet.  This results in a “check internet connection” error. 

Solution:

In order to continue downloading transactions, paying bills, or using other online services, you’ll need to update to the latest version of Quicken.  Click on your version below to review release notes and download the latest updates--QUICKEN CANADA USERS - please click on the appropriate link and scroll to the bottom of the FAQ to find the release link: 

Quicken for Windows 2015

Quicken for Windows 2016

Quicken for Mac 2015 and 2016

Windows Users: for more information, you can review this FAQ.

Mac Users: for more information, you can review this FAQ.
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • SBSB Member
    edited October 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled ?? OOPS! No Internet Connection Available! I??? QW2016.

One more request: Can't download Quicken data, says OOPS! No Internet Connection Available! I see this has been going on for quite a while. Quicken, can you help? Quicken 2016 H&B
  • Sherry LangSherry Lang Member
    edited August 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled OOPS SOMETHING went wrong.

I just purchased the Quicken 2016 Cash Manager (on a 2010 OS) last night; today I am trying to install but insists I log in with my Intuit ID...CAN NOT get passed the sign in screen I've even logged into my account to on Chrome and MS Edge and still does not progress pass the oops something went wrong...then if I try to set up a new ID says I have no internet connection. I've checked Event viewer and firewalls (even shut off), disabled pop up blockers...checked your forum...which doesn't appear to have a knowledge solution on which appears to be very common issue among users...Could you please advise a solution...thank you
  • Ken KennardKen Kennard Member
    edited September 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reinstall of Quicken 2014 on Windows 10 64bit Pro unable to download transactions....

After reinstalling Quicken on Windows 10 64 bit Pro I am unable to download transactions.  It takes me to Intuit ID logon page then either crashes Quicken or will not let me past the registration page with 'Oops' message.  I have installed the Mondo patch with no change.
  • Lostcanuck_99Lostcanuck_99 Member
    edited August 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Data Downloads Not Working -QW2014.

I'm currently using Quicken 2014. When I try to download stock quotes or bank data I'm asked for my Quicken password. It says internet not available, however internet is working; I'm using it to enter this question.

I'm thinking my 3 year limit on my subscription may have expired...how do I check my subscription?
  • KelliKelli Member
    edited November 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I am unable to upload transactions from my bank.It is showing oops and says I am ....

Quicken 2014 will not let me upload transactions from bank due to error saying no internet when I do have internet.
  • AholiabAholiab Member
    edited January 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why can't I log into Quicken?.

I had to wipe my hard drive. Now I can't open Quicken. I'm using precisely the same credentials. (Home & Business 2016)
  • SBSB Member
    edited October 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled ?? OOPS! No Internet Connection Available! I???.

In continuation to my original post. Your answer does not help because I cannot update Q2015 with the update you recommended. It pops a window saying "Sorry! The update does not apply to your version of Quicken." Which update applies then?
  • LJLJ Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Registration Quicken 2014.

Can't register my Quicken 2014 for Windows 10
    Browser is Firefox
    I didn't need to use online services before, but now I want to download files from my bank.

When I try to register the following happens:

When I click: Already have an Intuit ID
    I enter ID & PW
    Receive message:

An unknown error has occurred. Please try to connect later

When I click: Create your Intuit ID to get connected
    I enter a different email & create new PW & security question
    I receive message:

Something Went Wrong!
    Oops!
    We weren't able to sign you up.
    INVALID_ARGUMENT:Invalid id:null
    If everything looks OK, then the problem may be on our end.
    We'll get it resolved asap!
  • Rick BraunRick Braun Member
    edited March 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken 2016 Cash Manager (Canadian) Can't create user ID.

Just purchased Quicken Cash Manager 2016 Canadian Edition directly from Intuit. Installed on a Windows 10 system. On start-up it insists on me creating a user ID (why?) and when I try I can get past the first page (creating ID and password), on the next page 'getting to know you" after I enter all the information, click on "next" it says "Oops Something Went Wrong!" "We weren't able to sign you up. If everything looks ok, then the problem may be on our end. We'll get it resolved asap! Please check your internet connection"

My internet is working just fine.

I checked support web, it suggests installing an update. I tried to install but it says does not apply to my version. Tried Mondo Patch, that failed.

So as it stands I can't use this software.
  • joe45joe45 Member
    edited September 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Restored Quicken 2016 after issues with the Windows 10 anniversary update, unable....

After restoring Quicken 2016 after issues with the Windows 10 anniversary update, unable to open old data file, get unknown error msg about entering password for my intuit online account. What's up with this? how do i fix it.
  • JayneJayne Member
    edited August 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Problem signing onto Intuit with Quicken 2016 on Windows 8.

Trying to install a Quicken 2016 deluxe disc onto my laptop with Windows 8 and I keep getting the error message, "An unknown error occurred.  Please try to connect later."  There's no problem with my internet connection or my Intuit password.  I've tried to restart several times and have done a Windows update.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
  • Jim BeecroftJim Beecroft Member
    edited September 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken 2014 Receiving Oops no internet connection.

J Beecroft
    I too can no longer download bank transactions using Quicken 2014 Home and Business. I ge the OOPS No internet message as well.  Tried downloading the Mondo patch but found it doesn't apply to 2014 version.  Many years of trouble free use until this.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: I can no longer download bank transactions using Quicken 2015..
  • Rod UttingRod Utting Member
    edited August 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can no longer download bank transactions using Quicken 2015..

I can no longer download bank transactions using Quicken 2015 for Windows .Since last week  it asks me to input a password then tells me 'Oops you have no internet connection" I clearly do have an internet connection.  This happens with all my accounts at different banks.  I have been using Quicken without problem for many years till now.
  • Brian RiesenBrian Riesen Member
    edited August 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken transaction download problem with 2014 version.

I am no longer able to download transactions from my bank. When I open the Quicken file, Quicken asks me to log in both with Intuit ID. Then it tells me I do not have an internet connection. I obviously do have a connection otherwise I would have not just downloaded the transactions from my bank. Quicken will then lock up so I am forced to kill it in Task Manager.

I was hoping it was a temporary issue but the problem has persisted for weeks. I was not able to find a similar posting by searching here so I thought I would reach out to the masses for help.

Any encounter something similar and find a way around it?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.
  • m gm g Member
    edited August 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled hello i have tried multiple times to get my new 2016 version going and have re se....

I am trying to install my quicken deluxe 2016. I have successfully set and reset my password
    when I try to open quicken I keep getting an error message that says "an unknown error occurred, please try to connect at another time"

can you help me
  • tedklarentedklaren Member
    edited August 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Moved quicken 2014 to new computer but it now asks me to register quicken then i....

Moved quicken 2014 to new computer but when I tried to update accounts it now asks me to register quicken then it says "oops! Not able to sign you up. Please check internet connection. If ok then problem may be on our end" what do I do now?
  • LizLiz Member
    edited August 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't login in to Inuit to use web connect in Quicken 2014.

Just bought a new laptop and transferred Quicken 2014 over to it from an old computer. I would like to get webconnect set up on that computer but when I ty to do so I am asked to sign into Inuit. When I sign in with correct user name and password I get an "unknown error occurred. Please try to connect later" message.Why can't I get past this and carry on with webconnect?
  • Ted HendersonTed Henderson Member
    edited August 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Experiencing trouble converting Q2014 file into Q2016 Windows.

I have just installed Quicken 2016 H & B on a new computer.  When I try to load a Quicken 2014 Data File the conversion process starts but stops with the 'unknown error; please try again later' message (big help that is!!!).  The problem appears to be with my Intuit password but when I try to make a new one the process just recycles without accepting the new one.  Help!

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: New Quicken Community stinks!.
  • edited August 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Issues downloading from bank using Quicken 2014 Canada.

I have Quicken 2014 and have not been able to download from my bank since July 26, 2016.  I never had any issues before that.  Now I always get the Oops message about not being able to connect to the internet.
  • LJLJ Member
    edited March 2018
    LJ said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Registration Quicken 2014.

Browser is Firefox
    I didn't need to use online services before, but now I want to download files from my bank.

I enter ID & PW
    Receive message:

I receive message:

Something Went Wrong!
    Oops!

I have spent hour after hour, day after day, following instructions, searching for answers. Nothing works. I've had enough. I've wasted enough time. My anxiety level is too high. I am abandoning Quicken. I will now refocus my efforts looking at products competitors have to offer.
  • Knute SteelKnute Steel Member
    edited March 2018
    LJ said:

Browser is Firefox

I enter ID & PW
    Receive message:

I receive message:

Something Went Wrong!
    Oops!

Intuit support is absolutely horrible!  I've had nothing but troubles over the past year and am now having this same issue.
  • edited August 2016

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Issues downloading from bank using Quicken 2014 Canada.

I have Quicken 2014 and have not been able to download from my bank since July 26, 2016.  I never had any issues before that.  Now I always get the Oops message about not being able to connect to the internet.

Mine is up and running again.  The patch worked.
  • edited September 2016
    LJ said:

Browser is Firefox

I enter ID & PW
    Receive message:

I receive message:

Something Went Wrong!
    Oops!

Have you tried this it worked for me first try.  

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2014-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

• edited August 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled New computer.........Windows 10: Installed Quicken 2016 Premier from disk.....can....

Error Message:  An unknown error occurred.  Please try to connect later
  • edited August 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Login does not work anymore in quicken 2016.

When I try to open Quicken 2016, it asks me to log into my Intuit account and when I try to login, I get the message "An unknown error occurred. Please try to connect later. I have tried again and again at different dates and I still get the same above message. I tried "Forgot your password?" and was told that the page does not exist anymore. I am stuck with a brand new program that does not work.
  • Gwen WilliamsGwen Williams Member
    edited August 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can't log in to Intuit.

I have just loaded Quicken 2014 Premier to a new laptop.  When I attempt to "Update Now" I get a warning screen saying "Quicken Registration Required" to the Intuit. 

When I key in the correct login and password I am directed "Register Quicken Step 2 of 2" (tell us about yourself) which I complete and then get the message

"Something went Wrong! OOPS  We weren't able to sign you up.  Please check your internet connection. If everything looks OK, then the problem may be on our end. We'll get it resolved asap!"

I have attempted to register several times, exited out of Quicken, restarted Quicken, tried to update again, and nothing is working.

What should I do?

• edited August 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't find internet, continually asks for password.

I downloaded a bank statement and when I try to import it into Quicken 2015 I get a "sign-in to intuit" with password, which it never has before, then can't find the internet. Which obviously I'm on...now. The program then freezes, and I have to go to the task manager to close it. I haven't changed any settings on my computer. And it worked less than one month ago.
  • Sara KohnSara Kohn Member
    edited March 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Won't let me make an account.

I've tried several times but it won't let me make an account.

It keeps saying:

Please check your internet connection.

If everything looks OK, then the problem may be on our end. We'll resolve it ASAP
  • Tashara KeysTashara Keys Member
    edited March 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled sign in help.

I am not able to sign in. I keep getting an internet connection error.