How can I delete a transaction in the companion mobile app for Quicken 2016?

GranmaLGranmaL Member
I've tried tapping, double tapping and still don't see an option to delete the transaction.

I have quicken 2016 installed on my iMac.

Comments

• Quicken DaveQuicken Dave Member
    edited November 2017

Hi GranmaL,

I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused. Unfortunately, there is no delete function at this time. You can only add new or edit. If this is a feature you would like the development team to consider for future versions of the companion app, you can provide your feedback here:

Feedback for Mac

If this information doesn’t answer all of your questions, please comment below so we can help you get the answers you need, as quickly as possible.

To help other users who may be having a similar problem, please use the buttons below to indicate whether this information was helpful and resolved the issue.

I hope this helps,
    Dave
  • cheryl catecheryl cate Member
    edited October 2017
    How come when I sync with my computer it doesn't correct the app? I manually entered some transactions in my app on my iPad Air 2. Then the same transactions were added from my bank. Now the balance is incorrect and I cant seem to get it fixed.
  • wildcatmccwildcatmcc Member
    edited November 2017
    This is ridiculous. I can't believe the developers haven't addressed this issue. I accidentally entered a transaction on the iOS app, and there's no way to delete it. Further, the cloud doesn't update my desktop app (Windows), so I can't delete it there, either.
  • edited November 2017
    I totally agree. This makes this app useless.
  • aliasalias Member
    edited November 2017
    Just discovered this on the mobile app today that I cannot delete a transaction I have actually added in the mobile app itself on iOS a minute before. This is so frustrating.
  • edited November 2017
    Hi Quicken Dave - really?  You're asking Quicken Users whether a "delete transaction" is needed?  Well, what do you think happens when I'm using quicken mobile and the transaction is entered incorrectly by me?  Today, I must wait until I get home to delete the transaction on the desktop, which totally defeats the purpose of quicken mobile.  Additionally, Quicken Mobile needs to allow us to change/correct a numerical entry and it doesn't.  Same reason.  Clear?  What more do you need to place this fix high on the development list?  Oh, possibly the many other fixes that never seem to get done like Wells Fargo Banking (Checking, Savings, Credit Cards) not syncing on mobile.  Like why immediately after the cut-over from Intuit to Quicken, mobile always crashes on my iPad Gen 4.  By the way, these critical flaws have been reported by me and many others on numerous occasions.  Not too long ago to the Office of The President without resolution.  I've been with Quicken since the beginning and am now considering a change. 
  • Kevin RohdenKevin Rohden Member
    edited November 2017
    I just entered a transaction in my quicken mobile app on my iPhone. I realized it was in the wrong account, so I was looking for a way to delete it. After much googling, I found out I can’t delete the transaction. Hopefully when I return home in 3 days I’ll be able to fix it on my desktop. Needs to be fixed!
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Just a reminder for all you folks...this type of issue will probably get more attention if you click the ME TOO button at the top of this page.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • edited November 2017
    Quicken Mobile is useless w/o full functionality (on transaction management at least). To see transactions I can go to my bank app or online or go to Mint. I need to do more than that; at least being able to delete a transaction I entered in error. Investments, I can go to my brokerage app and do whatever I wish. For a financial app to be useful you must have useful functionality. Forcing us to go to an annual renewal scheme to ensure you have steady and predictable revenues, you should make your products worthy of the additional costs to you customers.
  • edited November 2017

Just a reminder for all you folks...this type of issue will probably get more attention if you click the ME TOO button at the top of this page.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Can the latest comments be on top instead of the bottom? Reverse the order so we don’t have to scroll down.
  • edited November 2017

I just entered a transaction in my quicken mobile app on my iPhone. I realized it was in the wrong account, so I was looking for a way to delete it. After much googling, I found out I can’t delete the transaction. Hopefully when I return home in 3 days I’ll be able to fix it on my desktop. Needs to be fixed!

That really sucks dear Quicken!
  • edited November 2017

Hi Quicken Dave - really?  You're asking Quicken Users whether a "delete transaction" is needed?  Well, what do you think happens when I'm using quicken mobile and the transaction is entered incorrectly by me?  Today, I must wait until I get home to delete the transaction on the desktop, which totally defeats the purpose of quicken mobile.  Additionally, Quicken Mobile needs to allow us to change/correct a numerical entry and it doesn't.  Same reason.  Clear?  What more do you need to place this fix high on the development list?  Oh, possibly the many other fixes that never seem to get done like Wells Fargo Banking (Checking, Savings, Credit Cards) not syncing on mobile.  Like why immediately after the cut-over from Intuit to Quicken, mobile always crashes on my iPad Gen 4.  By the way, these critical flaws have been reported by me and many others on numerous occasions.  Not too long ago to the Office of The President without resolution.  I've been with Quicken since the beginning and am now considering a change. 

• edited November 2017
    alias said:

Just discovered this on the mobile app today that I cannot delete a transaction I have actually added in the mobile app itself on iOS a minute before. This is so frustrating.

• edited November 2017

I totally agree. This makes this app useless.

• edited November 2017

This is ridiculous. I can't believe the developers haven't addressed this issue. I accidentally entered a transaction on the iOS app, and there's no way to delete it. Further, the cloud doesn't update my desktop app (Windows), so I can't delete it there, either.

Right on! Quicken development folks, fix it please!
  • edited November 2017

Hi GranmaL,

I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused. Unfortunately, there is no delete function at this time. You can only add new or edit. If this is a feature you would like the development team to consider for future versions of the companion app, you can provide your feedback here:

Feedback for Mac

If this information doesn’t answer all of your questions, please comment below so we can help you get the answers you need, as quickly as possible.

To help other users who may be having a similar problem, please use the buttons below to indicate whether this information was helpful and resolved the issue.

I hope this helps,
    Dave
    Please do put priority on this item. It should not be complicated to address
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Please refer to this thread:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/delete-transactions-on-mobile-app

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs: