Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

In the Rental Property Manager version, how can I prevent scheduled rent income at the end of a leas

My tenants are moving out at the end of their lease on June 30.  Quicken still includes a rent payment from them in July and future months.  How can I prevent these future transactions form appearing in upcoming income, projected balances, etc.

Comments

• Howard Roark
    Howard Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    If you're using a standard Quicken reminder for the rent, you can Edit it in Manage Bill & Income Reminders and give it an End Date.
    If you're using the Quicken RPM default rent reminder, you'll have to delete it (from the Manage Bill & Income Reminders List). Presumably the last month's rent has already been paid, so that reminder should not be needed any more.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm using the RPM rent reminder.  When I edit this transaction from any dialogue (Home:Sched:Deposits and other scheduled transaction, Bills:Manage Reminders), the 'Edit Rental Property Tenant' dialogue opens.  There is no option to delete the reminder.  I have the Terms and Agreements:Lease End Date set to 6/30/2016, but I still have a reminder for July rent payment.  I would expect the system to be smart enough to not collect rent after the end of the lease.  Is this possibly a defect that should be reported?  I'm using RPM 2015.
  • Howard Roark
    Howard Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    "There is no option to delete the reminder".

As previously noted, you can delete the reminder in the Manage Bill & Income Reminders List.

Tools > Manage Bill & Income Reminders.
    Select the Rent reminder.
    Click "Delete" in the Manage Bill & Income Reminders menu row.

"Is this possibly a defect that should be reported?".

If by defect, you mean bug, I doubt it.

If you would like to see a new feature/capability in Quicken, you can suggest it here:
    https://www.research.net/s/QuickenFeedback
    Vote for at least one existing suggestion, then key your comments in the "Did we forget ...." box.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    I think I found the answer.  It looks like the Lease end date, and the move out date both need to be set.
This discussion has been closed.