Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Stock listed as not show--appears in portfolio

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)

Stock checked in box as not show in accounts list--continues to appear in portfolio and transactions listings.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017
    Not understanding what you're referring to. You can hide Payees and Accounts, but not Securities. For Accounts, you can choose to hide in Lists (which will hide it from the side bar) and/or from Reports which will exclude the account's transactions from all reports. For Payees, when you hide a payee, it will not appear in quick fill lists, but will still appear in any transactions in which it's used.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    There is a place to hide securities that you no longer own that keeps most of them hidden in portfolio view but a few continue to appear with Minus values and others with Zero values. This misstates the total value of presently owned securities in portfolio view. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    i changed the security info to unclassified and they drop down out of the upper listing.
    A terrible clusterfudge.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2016

i changed the security info to unclassified and they drop down out of the upper listing.
    A terrible clusterfudge.

Those small value zero share securities you thought you sold that still show value (+ or -) are the result of some cost basis issue caused by Return of Capital (ROC) or Splits or corrupt transaction. I have used ROC entries (+ or - values as appropriate) with cash directed as a transfer back into the same account to zero them out. The cash transfer does not impact account cash value and the ROC entry zeroes out the cost basis/portfolio value. If you have fractions of shares still showing you need to deal with that in your last Sell transaction to zero it out.
This discussion has been closed.