Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Premier 2016 Freezes upon exit after Portfolio Account View list order is customized.

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited July 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have recently added two new investment accounts and transferred assets from two existing accounts to these new accounts.   All four accounts naturally show up in the "Investing" Tab Portfolio View.    I used the Customize Button to hide the two old accounts (since they are $0.00 value) and after doing this Quicken freezes after quitting the applications.   Text disappears  and screens goes blue, but Task Manager shows the application as "not responding".

I can repeat these steps to make the same lockup   Also happens when I try to reorder the accounts without hiding the old accounts.

Comments

• Quicken Colin
    Quicken Colin Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Good morning,

I understand how the situation can be frustrating.  The first thing I would suggest doing is validating your data file.  To do that backup your data file then go to File > File Operations > Validate and Repair > Check the first box and click OK.  Try to shut Quicken down normally after this.

If the issue persists please comment below.  You may need to force close it once and then see if the behaves normally.

Best of luck
    Colin
This discussion has been closed.