Will there be a Quicken Home and Business for Mac in the future? (213 Legacy Votes +1 Merged Vote)

Quicken Community
edited October 2023 in Product Enhancements
Quicken Home and Business is the best and most perfect solution for our very small businesses. I have looked for a long time for something that would do what Quicken H&B does and there is no equal. Two years ago I switched to a Mac. I would really love to do away with Windows and Quicken H&B is the only reason I still run Windows on my Mac. Macintosh computers are being purchased at a greater quantity than ever before. Please consider creating Quicken Home and Business for Mac. I, for one, would greatly appreciate it.
Tagged:
157 votes

Implemented · Last Updated

Implemented in version 7.4. Please note that business features are being developed and released incrementally. QMAC-25000

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    I completely agree. Quicken for Mac should and dare I say must be on par with quicken for Windows for you to have a viable product and charge the same price. Quicken for Mac compared to Quicken for windows is a sub-par product. So sorry i purchased. Currently looking for another product to give me what i need and still use my Mac
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    I have been using Quicken forever and specifically Home and Business for many, many years. I have postponed switching to Mac because of the lack of this migration. However, when the new MacBook comes out this Fall I am making the switch. It would be super great if there were a Home and Business version for Mac. The words "it may be awhile" is discouraging, especially considering the years that Quicken has had to develop this. Please consider reallocating resources for this product. Thank you.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    I also vote for a business edition of Quicken for Mac. I run a small business and am currently using Quickbooks but I would switch to Quicken in a heartbeat if there were a Business edition. As stated earlier the number of Mac users is growing more and more everyday and I really think you are losing quite a bit of revenue by not having a business edition for Mac.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I also vote for a business edition of Quicken for Mac. I run a small business and am currently using Quickbooks but I would switch to Quicken in a heartbeat if there were a Business edition. As stated earlier the number of Mac users is growing more and more everyday and I really think you are losing quite a bit of revenue by not having a business edition for Mac.

Have you looked into running a VM on your Mac ... and then running Windows within that and H&B within Windows?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

It's an option but that would require me to purchase not only Quicken but also VM, and a copy of windows. Just not willing to spend that much money just to have a Business version of Quicken. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

That is how I am running H&B now and that is the only reason I'm running Windows at all. I would really rather not have to run Windows on my Mac.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

The QMac product is, when compared to QWin, somewhere between the Win "Starter Edition" and Win "Deluxe" in capability.  It's going to be a LONG time before an H&B for Mac is available.  Years, not months.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

They've been saying "years" for years now. I guess that means never in Quicken-speak. Any other good financial solutions out there?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Please add Home and Business for Mac.  My old Windows desktop is dying fast and I use that computer only for Quicken Home and Business home accounting. I am currently using Quickbooks Self Employed for my private practice and and it is extremely limited in its functions
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    I too had been an original windows quicken user - I switched to a mac to run my business 8 years ago after my last dell computer bit the dust.  I was VERY disappointed that there was no home and business for my mac and and still disappointed in that - I am starting up my business again and would need to have a business product for my income/expenses.  Since it appears that Quicken will not be coming out with a home and business I will have to look for another option.  Does anyone here know of alternatives?
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I too had been an original windows quicken user - I switched to a mac to run my business 8 years ago after my last dell computer bit the dust.  I was VERY disappointed that there was no home and business for my mac and and still disappointed in that - I am starting up my business again and would need to have a business product for my income/expenses.  Since it appears that Quicken will not be coming out with a home and business I will have to look for another option.  Does anyone here know of alternatives?

Get QuickBooks.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    If you truly want this to be considered seriously, be sure to click VOTE at the top of this page.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Already voted.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    P.S. Since the new release of the Macbook Pro (2016), I've ordered one which is due to arrive Mid-December. The sooner Intuit can release a Quicken Home and Business solution, the better :) Ready? Go!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

Hi Marcus!  Please-please-please move up the time frame for Mac version of QH&B!  I've been a loyal customer for over a decade and now have a college bound son I'd love to introduce to Quicken but he says, "Dad, no way I'm getting a PC" nor does he want the hassle of a Windows emulator.  

Thanks!
    [Removed personal email]
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

Then be sure to click VOTE at the top of this page.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page, your vote will NOT be counted! Your VOTE matters!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

YES, Please make home and business for mac .... I have been using home and business for just over 10 years and have moved to mac about 4 years ago and it is annoying having to open and deal with windows just for this software if anything comes available that operates the same and is mac based I am jumping on it. 
  • louissteinhauer
    louissteinhauer Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Please put Home and Business for the mac on a fast track!  Your user base needs it badly!

Thanks,
    Lou
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I too have been a Quicken user for over 25 years. I need and want Quicken Home & Business for Mac - I can't believe there isn't one,  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

So many people use Macs, PLEASE put out a Mac version of Quicken Home and Business!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Totally agree. I am being forced to keep my accounting on a separate computer, and then it doesn't get done very often. I sure wish I could do everything on my mac!  
    I too have been a Quicken user for over 25 years, I'm shocked that Intuit hasn't produced H&B for mac yet. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I completely agree. Quicken for Mac should and dare I say must be on par with quicken for Windows for you to have a viable product and charge the same price. Quicken for Mac compared to Quicken for windows is a sub-par product. So sorry i purchased. Currently looking for another product to give me what i need and still use my Mac

So disappointed to have to install software on my Mac to allow it to operate the PC Quicken Home and Business, you'd think they'd realize the demand for a Mac version of this product?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

If you would like Quicken Home and Business in a Mac version, be sure to click VOTE at the top of this page!

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page, your vote will NOT be counted! Your VOTE matters!

M
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Consider these free alternatives, in the meantime...

Since you need to keep your PC & Mac, you could also run Quicken on the PC and use remote access software (several free options, e.g. NoMachine and Teamviewer) to access Quicken on one computer from the other, or even mobile devices (see this great article for complete review of many options (most are free): http://machow2.com/rdp-for-mac/ ). Though this article was written primarily with Macs in mind, there are many solutions offered that work for Windows too. The one trade-off is that the host computer cannot really be used for anything else while using Quicken with these remote solutions. 

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Pretty please (with sugar on top) expedite H&B for Mac!