Will there be a Quicken Home and Business for Mac in the future? (213 Legacy Votes +1 Merged Vote)

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Sam Brandt Just read some of the very long thread above to understand that Quicken won't say unless they're ready to announce something, and what some of the obstacles are to getting there. Try this post and this one is you don't feel like slogging through the pages and pages of comments on this topic.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mybank2002
    mybank2002 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    > @Quicken Marcus said:
    > Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

I would love this so much, I would really rather not boot into Windows. I have to upgrade two software Quicken and VMWare and occasionally Windows just to run Windows. I left Windows over 10 years ago and really would love to see this happen. I have checked Quicken for Mac so many times over the years and even made the purchase right before the buyout and it just doesn't hold a candle to the Windows version. Plus I lost all my attachments when I went over to Mac so I went back.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can add your VOTE to Carry Forward of Attachments from the Windows version.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count at the top of page 1 in the blue banner, so your vote will count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version (it may take a few seconds for your vote to register).

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Allow invoicing and estimates for Mac users who are both subscribers and single users to create estimates and invoices!!! Such a simple thing, am I right? Who's with me?
  • jacobs
    Also, it's not "such a simple thing". ;)  I'm not saying it's not worthwhile, but it's not a small task to add the Home & Business functionality available in Quicken Windows to Quicken Mac. Especially since Quicken Mac at the Deluxe and Premier levels doesn't yet match Quicken Windows Deluxe and Premier functionality.

But definitely visit that existing Idea thread and add your vote on the first page of the thread by clicking the small gray triangle under the vote counter in the blue box. This idea has been marked by the developers as "Under Consideration," so the more voters, the greater the likelihood it will come to be.
  • Hello photoadele72,

I went ahead and merged your Idea thread with the existing Idea thread. I also updated the Legacy Vote Count to 212. :smile:

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• I put my vote in! My wife and I are both Mac users but we are forced to use VMWare Fusion and Win10 just for Quicken H&B. I too have been a quicken user since the DOS days. I realized development takes time but this would be a huge win for the small business community that uses macOS!
  • I'm so frustrated having to deal w/ parallels & windows. I'm going to see if I can cleanly import my Quicken H&B data into Quickbooks on MAC. Anybody done so?
  • Count me in as voting for a more robust Mac version of Quicken. Thanks, everybody, for your hard work!
  • AF28
    AF28 Member ✭✭
    This would be awesome... And it would bring a lot of costumers (MAC users) to quicken. Please, work on that to release it on the next upgrade.
  • MarcusGH
    MarcusGH Member
    Absolutely I would like a Mac version of H&B - it's the main reason I've been holding off upgrading Quicken and not using it for my business. It would be very nice to be able to combine my home finances, rental property and small business in one place. At present I have to handle all these separately.
  • ginjo02
    ginjo02 Member
    This post has been out here since 2016. At this point the question should be why is there not a version for Mac?
  • jacobs
    edited November 2022
    @ginjo02 The question of why there isn’t — yet — a Home & Business version for Mac has been answered multiple times above.

The main issue is that a Home & Business version is built on top of Quicken Premier, but the Mac version of the core Quicken product still is missing a number of features in the Windows version. They likely need to complete building out the features of the core product before they can add the extra business features on top of that. A lot of progress has been made over the past few years, but the progress has been slow and there is still a lot of work to be done.

They also need to assess how many thousands of hours of program development and testing it would take, and feel confident that it would generate enough sales (or prevent enough loss of renewals) to justify the investment. There are clearly a lot of people who would like it, but they need to quantify whether “a lot“ is actually enough to devote the resources to developing it.

Hopefully, at some point sooner than later, they will either announce that they are going ahead with it, or that they have decided not to. Leaving people in uncertain limbo just frustrates many users.
  • I check annually. The ONLY reason I have a PC is to run Quicken H&B. MAC market share is growing leaps and bounds, please prioritize bringing the MAC version up to par.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MarcusGH If you are interested in the Rental Property features, you should add your vote to the following IDEA thread:

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• eddy870499
    eddy870499 Member ✭✭
    I have been using Quicken Home and Business for more years than I can count. In 2014 I switched to a Mac and the only way I can run Quicken Home and Business on the Mac is to install a virtual machine (Parallels) so I can run Windows and Quicken Home and Business. The virtual machine takes up a LOT of disk space even though the only thing I really need it for is Quicken Home and Business. It costs me money to keep Parallels and Windows current. So I am really hoping that Quicken will introduce a Mac version of Quicken Home and Business soon. Please!!
  • schnaib
    schnaib Member
    Please expand Home and Business to MAC users. Life will be so much easier for all of us MAC users. Thank you.
  • JamesX714
    JamesX714 Member ✭✭
    like all you using h&B via parallels and quicken for Mac on Mac but would love to have H&B for Mac!!!
  • kramerent
    kramerent Member ✭✭
    Yes, one more vote here for a Mac version. At least have the invoices feature on the Mac version. Print checks with logos, etc... the OSX environment is much better IMHO than windows. Easier, more stable, more intuitive, etc
  • Donald
    Donald Member
    Another YES vote here for Quicken Home & Business for Mac ASAP!! Please!!!
  • Hey Quicken, I understand you are hearing from loads of people who would just switch from one version of Quicken (Windows) to another (Mac) so from that perspective, it would not be additional revenue, just switched. Let me tell you what brings me here. I am a Mac owner. I am unhappy with my current program (Freshbooks) and I'm looking to switch to something that will work better for me. I do not currently have any version of Quicken. From researching the H&B version it would be perfect but there is not a Mac version (I am not going to figure out how to do Windows on Mac so don't suggest it). There are thousands of people like me. What makes me different from them is that I am willing to send off a quick message to let you know we are out here and want to send our money your way. Most people will just quietly move on to a different product since they think no one will listen to them. Anyway, just my 2 cents. Let me know if you ever get it done.
  • Both hands up for Quicken H&B for Mac! Desperate for it, actually! So many Mac users, I can't imagine this wouldn't be a successful addition.
  • As I'm reading through these comments, I'm wondering what the actual status of this is. Are you still polling or is someone effectively working on it? I may have to switch to QuickBooks.
  • jacobs
    edited February 2020
    @slcuddeford There has been no response in this thread from Marcus (the Mac product manager) in more than three years, so asking here will likely not get a response.

As helpful as it would be to let people know "yes, it's coming eventually" or "no, we've decided not to do this", Quicken typically doesn't reveal much about future plans until they're close to fruition.

It was clear back a few years ago that they had to do a lot more work on the core Quicken Mac product before they could think about adding the Home & Business features on top of the core. Little by little, they've been adding key functionality to the basic program, but there's still a list a mile long of features users want from Quicken Windows or the legacy Quicken Mac 2007 -- and there's no way to know, or even guess, if they've identfied a point at which they can split off some programmers to develop the Home & Busienss features.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly demand is very strong for this and this is marked "Under Consideration" but as pointed out, there is a lot of work to get there, so I suspect they will eventually get there but it clearly will be long while before they get there.

• WyoPastor
    WyoPastor Member
    Please Please Please Please. Been waiting for years!
  • Akril
    Akril Member
    It might be worth factoring in that there are a lot of disgruntled Banktivity customers (Mac only) looking for new homes after they dropped the ball on Open Banking. I'm one of them. If Quicken want to maximise customer uptake to recoup development costs, now is the time.

If Quicken had H&B for Mac, I would have bought it straight away. In fact, if Quicken had announced H&B will be available in X time, I may have even bought the premier package in the interim. As it is, I will need to keep looking for now. Hope that helps. All the best A
  • DM1
    DM1 Member
    I have been a faithful Quicken customer since the beginning and I have been requesting the H&B Mac version since I bought my first Mac in 2011and I absolutely hate... dealing with parallels just to use the home and business version. I honestly think Quicken could care less about what the actual paying customers want even though we keep telling them over and over, I have been hearing the statement “we are working on it for the past 9 years”. Quicken H&B is perfect for my business needs and Quickbooks is way overkill. Lets just hope Quicken gets their act together before someone else actually listens to our needs and comes up with a better mouse trap for a Mac and we all jump ship!
  • DM1
    DM1 Member
    I just did a little research and it seems like this is the “Most viewed topic” of all the other topics Mac related and I would wager if you take away the top 5, this topic has more views than all the other topics combined. Hello............. is anybody at Quicken paying attention? zzzzzzzzzzzzzz