Will there be a Quicken Home and Business for Mac in the future? (213 Legacy Votes +1 Merged Vote)

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

Yes, please do Quicken H&B for Mac! 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

I am also interested in a Home & Business version of Quicken for Mac.  For now, I'm tracking my consulting business outside of Quicken... using Excel.  Sad work around, but I'm not interested in also running windows on my Mac.
  • HB
    HB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I've been a Quicken user for 10+ years. Two years ago I also switched to Mac and now I have to run Parallels & Windows7 on the Mac just to continue using Home & Business. It works but it's far from ideal and it wastes a lot of time. Please make H&B available for Mac. Otherwise I need to find something else.
    Thank you.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Quicken PC user for over 15 years.  Now I am running Quickbooks (3 years now) and hate it!!  I have a very small business and Quickbooks is overqualified for the job and won't run on my Mac without windows (a non solution to me).  Quickbooks is so cumbersome with al its features that it just complicates my simple transactions.  I purchased Quickbooks at the recommendation of my CPA.  Obviously it was meant to make her life easier.  I get it - save me money by making her run more efficiently.  But no more!  I need to simplify my end. Not only that but I got a Mac in January and will not look back once windows is out of my life!  Since I no longer want to run my OLD pc with windows nor will I ever store my data online -bye Quickbooks!  Hope Quicken Home and Business for Mac is in my future.  Quicken, we are losing hope - will it ever materialize??  
    Signed,
    Ready to purchase
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Quicken PC user for over 15 years.  Now I am running Quickbooks (3 years now) and hate it!!  I have a very small business and Quickbooks is overqualified for the job and won't run on my Mac without windows (a non solution to me).  Quickbooks is so cumbersome with al its features that it just complicates my simple transactions.  I purchased Quickbooks at the recommendation of my CPA.  Obviously it was meant to make her life easier.  I get it - save me money by making her run more efficiently.  But no more!  I need to simplify my end. Not only that but I got a Mac in January and will not look back once windows is out of my life!  Since I no longer want to run my OLD pc with windows nor will I ever store my data online -bye Quickbooks!  Hope Quicken Home and Business for Mac is in my future.  Quicken, we are losing hope - will it ever materialize??  
    Signed,
    Ready to purchase

I absolutely agree 100%!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2019

Signed,
    Ready to purchase

None of us knows the product development roadmap for Quicken Mac, and only Quicken management can answer the question of "will it ever materialize" -- but a Mac Home & Business version still seems likely to be far in the future. Why? Because the existing Quicken for Mac product is still lacking dozens of features present in  Quicken Deluxe for Windows, and Home & Business is built on top of that core product. Until they can get the basic Quicken for Mac program somewhere closer to on a par with Quicken for Windows, with key functionality that users are crying for, it seems unlikely that they'd be able to devote the programmers to develop all the additional functionality for Home & Business.

Maybe, hopefully, we'll see the pace of new features speed up now that Quicken has hired new programmers to add to the Mac development team. But it seems unlikely to me that they could create many of the missing features in the core product and create the Home & Business features on top of that, anytime soon. I don't mean to dash any hopes, nor to discourage users from encouraging Quicken to develop H&B for Mac -- I'm just trying to share the uphill struggle it faces.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

please get this out!! been a Mac user for 14 years and so frustrated because quicken falls short, I think marketing this product would be smart. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I've been using Quickbooks for Mac and finding that my banks do not allow downloads from personal accounts to Quickbooks, and QB for Mac is not planning any further additions after QB 2017 for Mac.  PLEASE we need Quicken Home and Business for Mac.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes please been using Quicken for years now . Since moving to Apple Mac in 2012, I had to get parallel solely for the sake of Quicken. Please do make an equivalent of H&B
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I am very much interested in Quicken Home & Business for Mac.  I love my H&B on my Sony PC but may have to return my new Mac if I can't get it.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I'm also very interesting in Home&Business for the Mac.  H&B is great for my little photo business.  I'd like to move the whole business to an iMac...  soon :-)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Please get this out as I have moved to Mac and iOS products and only use a Windows computer for your software.We need this!!!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes Please , we need a Business Version for Mac
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017
    Of course there are enough users clamoring for a Quicken Home and Business for Mac to make it commercially worthwhile. And the longer it takes Intuit to come up with a viable Mac solution, the more customers will find other means to track their businesses. If you're listening Intuit, get this program out there or watch your customer base erode dramatically!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Quicken Home and Business is a good solution for my small business. I also switched to a Mac some time ago, and still working on an extra laptop with windows and H&B 2013. I would really love to have updated to Quicken H&B 2017 on my Mac. Can we count on this option soon? We would greatly appreciate it.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Soon? Definitely not...QMac development has a long way to go before it even matches the original QM2007 feature set. To get it to H&B functionality will take longer still. Maybe eventually...only time will tell.

Meanwhile, consider using a VM on your Mac or using remote access from your Mac to your Windows PC so you only need to work on one computer.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Also, I noticed you did not add your VOTE. Many people think just leaving a comment here is enough. People have to remember that if they want their voice to literally count, be sure to click VOTE at the top of this page (if the button says UNVOTE, you already added your vote in the past).

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes I want a Quicken for Mac Home & Business version!!!!!!!!!!
    Dennis Isenburg
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes I want Quicken Home and Business for Mac! Getting tired paying to update Parallels and Quicken. Beginning to wonder if it is worth hanging with Quicken...
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes Quicken Home and Business for the Mac would be awesome would love to ditch Windows!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    I've posted here before and realize that it's basically forum for venting and it will not change anything. However, I just found out that QuickBooks Desktop version for Mac has been discontinued as of the 2016 release and support will end in 2019. NOW is the time for them to make a Quicken for home and business for mac, but of course they won't :(
  • jacobs
    edited November 2019

I've posted here before and realize that it's basically forum for venting and it will not change anything. However, I just found out that QuickBooks Desktop version for Mac has been discontinued as of the 2016 release and support will end in 2019. NOW is the time for them to make a Quicken for home and business for mac, but of course they won't

Well, *maybe* by 2019...
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I've posted here before and realize that it's basically forum for venting and it will not change anything. However, I just found out that QuickBooks Desktop version for Mac has been discontinued as of the 2016 release and support will end in 2019. NOW is the time for them to make a Quicken for home and business for mac, but of course they won't

By 2019 I will have changed to another program. So tired of paying for Parallels and Quicken.
  • Larry Berran
    Larry Berran Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

I wish they would provide Quicken with all of the features in the cloud and no need for a Microsoft or Mac version. So annoying.
  • jacobs
    edited November 2019

Larry, that would require completely re-writing Quicken pretty much from scratch. Not impossible, to be sure, but seeing how long it's taken to re-write the Mac version -- which after many years still doesn't match the functionality of the original Mac version nor the Windows version -- that seems like a daunting task. And both the Mac and Windows versions depend heavily on tools and frameworks of their native operating systems; a browser-only version would require Quicken developers to write all that underlying code as well. On top of that, many Quicken users stick with Quicken because it does NOT store their data in the cloud. For those reasons, I don't think a purely web-based version is likely in the near future.

Rick0, there are clearly a lot of people who feel the way you do. What we don't know is whether there are enough people to justify the person-years of development it would take to create a Mac version of Home & Business. And the big challenge is that they first need to get the core Mac version up the the level of Quicken Deluxe for Windows, before they can add on the extra features for a Home & Business version on the Mac. It may be logical for them to create, but I just can't see how they can get there anytime soon based on how long it's taking to round out the features in the existing Mac product. Hopefully after they complete all the work they've been doing to get off the old Intuit back-end services, progress on features for the Mac product will accelerate. If Quicken 2018 is the year the Mac version comes of age, then perhaps the following year could bring the superset of a Home & Business version. The only thing they could do to make that wait more bearable would be if they take the unusual step of pre-announcing it -- to prevent folks like you from giving up on Quicken.
  • Martin Rice
    Martin Rice Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Absolutely!  I keep one hunk-o-junk windows machine around which I remote into from my mac just to run Quicken.  Have been a Quicken user since 1993 and it would really simplify life if we had a robust version of Quicken for Mac.  Either Premier or H&B would work for me.  
  • jacobs
    edited November 2019

@Rafael: that's not a bad idea, but it would be something completely new for Quicken to develop. Most of us assume that if they do a Home & Business version for Mac, it would be similar to the Windows version -- an extension of the existing core Quicken product. Creating an online service would require starting program development from scratch, and I don't think they're likely to do that. Also, while you would be happy with an online service, there are many Quicken users who want their data stored locally and not in the cloud.

Rick0, sorry, but that just doesn't make sense. They're a business, in business to money, right? So they certainly care about retaining customers and getting money from those customers.

There are two factors that come into play here: (1) Are there *enough* customers who would buy the product to generate enough revenue to cover the costs of development plus a profit? And if the answer to that is yes, then (2) How much work/time would it take to develop the product? And those two questions are interrelated. If the projected profits are high enough, they could hire more developers to try to cut the development time; conversely, if the projected profits are slim, they may need to take a slow path with a smaller development team in order to stay profitable.

But none of those business decisions translates to them not caring about their loyal customers.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes, need this too
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes, I would like Quicken Home & Business 2017 for Mac. I'm dropping an old personal bookkeeping app and searching for a replacement and the first I thought of was Quicken. However, I need it to do simple, very small business bookkeeping support, and I'm so disappointed there's not a Quicken H&B for Mac.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I have used Quicken Home and Business for many years, and it is perfect for my business as well as my personal finances. Last year, I began transitioning my computer network from Windows 10 Pro to Mac, simply because the Windows systems are so prone to trouble and Mac is utterly trouble free, especially with the updates. Ever since I began transitioning from Windows to Mac, I have been looking for Quicken Home and Business for Mac. It is way, way past due. More and more professionals like myself are switching to Mac simply because of the cost factor of down time when Windows crashes or must be totally reinstalled. We can be down for a day or two, and that is money. I see that Apple is gaining in the business market, and thus the impetus should be on Quicken to develop a Home and Business edition for Mac that will transfer the files and records (IRS reasons of course), and perhaps even interchange the files with a Windows based platform. Currently, I am using Quicken Home and Business for Windows via my Parallels 13 virtual machine, which works pretty good but is troublesome in networking. Please, please just come out with Quicken Home and Business for Mac. Microsoft has Office 365 for Mac, so even they see the market out here. It is worth the money to you.