Will there be a Quicken Home and Business for Mac in the future? (213 Legacy Votes +1 Merged Vote)

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

I would like to have Home and business for MAC VERY MUCH!!!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

I have been waiting for years for it.  Please make a version for the Mac.  I run Windows on a virtual machine just for Quick Home and Business.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Please.  I don't want to go back to Windows.  I have a Mac and want the H&B
  • HB
    HB Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Just a note to all those leaving comments, please remember to VOTE as well. See top of page.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I've been waiting for years for H&B for Mac.  PLEEEEEASE
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Please...I just don't get why you haven't put this version out yet??? I am running H&B on an old PC since I don't want to run Windows on my Mac desktop. 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2019

Lyndy, they haven't created a Home & Business version for Mac at least in part because the basic Quicken Mac product, which they've been rebuilding from scratch over the past five years -- for a large part of that with a very small development staff -- still does not have all the functionality of Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Since Home & Business is built on top of Deluxe/Premier, they have to do more development just to get the Mac up to relative feature parity with the Windows versions before they can undertake to add the additional functionality of a Home & Business version for Mac.

The Quicken development team spent a lot of the past year doing the programming work to move off former parent Intuit's servers, the result of which was he recent switch to the new Quicken ID. The hope -- by us users as well as the developers themselves -- is that now they can focus their development team on a lot more user-facing features in the Mac product to make it more like Windows Quicken Deluxe & Premiere.

They also have to balance how many thousands of development hours it will take to create a Mac H&B version, versus the revenue they can make if they create such a product. There are clearly many people, like you, who want H&B for Mac, but there have to be enough that they can justify the investment in time to create it. Only Quicken knows the numbers for both sides of that equation. If they decide there's a large enough market to create the product, then it's just a matter of how long it will take them to do it. Realistically, it's hard to imagine anything sooner than a year from now at the earliest; I know that's not what you want to hear, but I'm just trying to explain the realities of the situation.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes, please, please, please develop H&B for the Mac.  It's a pain in the $%^& to run windows on top of the mac as it takes so many resources, and it slows it to a crawl.  I have already been waiting for years, having switched to a Mac in 2011.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I am not interested... I WANT it. : )
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Still waiting for this.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes - please develop QH&B for the Mac. It is still the perfect solo practitioner finance package. Looks like Mac reached feature parity for Quicken 2018. Maybe we can expect next year?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Unconfirmed
    edited November 2019

Ummm...not even close.  There are still worlds of difference between Quicken Windows and Quicken Mac.
  • Jim Mooree
    Jim Mooree Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

I've posted here before and realize that it's basically forum for venting and it will not change anything. However, I just found out that QuickBooks Desktop version for Mac has been discontinued as of the 2016 release and support will end in 2019. NOW is the time for them to make a Quicken for home and business for mac, but of course they won't

I have been using VirtualBox by Oracle on my Mac to run Quicken Home & Business. VirtualBox is free so maybe that will negate the cost of parallels
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes, H+B for mac needs to happen.  I have been waiting over a decade, since Q2007 to return to the software for my real estate biz.  I'm disappointed that the 2018 version for mac that was just released doesn't include a home&business lineup in the subscription model.  It doesn't look like Deluxe or Premier will help adequately with my Schedule C.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

PLEASE please, make this a reality!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes please!!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Unconfirmed
    edited November 2019

Quicken 2017 has support for tax related categories...and has support for Schedule C tax line items.

There is really no reason to have a Home & Business version UNLESS you are actively creating invoices for customers.

If you are just doing business accounting in addition to personal finance, you can assuredly use Quicken Mac 2017.

Also, I find that using the New Reports in Quicken is a better report engine.  You can actually and functionally filter accounts, categories and tags and customize date ranges.

You could also customize the "stock" Tax Schedule report to show you all your Schedule C Income and Expense categories.  

So, although rudimentary, it can work in some cases.

BTW...this is how Quicken Windows worked for all those years prior to their being a Home and Business version there.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Useful tips-thank you.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

That is why H&B works so well for our businesses. I do create invoices for customers. It is very useful to me.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I have been wanting the home business version of quicken for mac for years. we own a graphic design and print company and this is what we need. It would make life so much easier if we could use one program like this to do it all.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Unconfirmed
    edited November 2019

@TimMarcy...I really don't think Home and Business is a good fit for your business.  There is a limit to the number of customers and invoices you can create in H&B.

I would guess that a printing and graphic design company would have a real lot of customers and corresponding invoices.  I just don't think that H&B would be a good fit for your type of business.  
  • Rod Scherencel
    Rod Scherencel Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Tim, I just want to respond to ProGolfer's comment: I don't know anything about your business, how you run it, how you do bookkeeping, how many invoices you generate - nothing about your business. And I would say that anyone who is not intimately familiar with your methods is not qualified to comment on whether or not the program would be a fit for you. Maybe you, like I, are already using Quicken for Home and Business for Windows and desperately longing to abandon that one lonely remaining PC that is dedicated to Quicken for Home and Business, I don't know. At any rate, I have adapted Quicken for Home and Business for our two businesses quite well and saved myself the chore of learning the Quickbooks double entry system. Now I longingly await a Mac version!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Unconfirmed
    edited November 2019

How many invoices/customers does Quicken Home and Business allow?

What kind of business do you own that you use Quicken H&B?

Just curious...because there IS a maximum number of addresses, customers and invoices for Quicken H&B.  
  • Rod Scherencel
    Rod Scherencel Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

I don't know how many invoices / customers Quicken for Home and Business allows. I have developed a separate "work around" method for invoicing and I either manually enter the information or I allow the bank to automatically enter it and then I notate it. So that is not an issue with me.

I do bookkeeping for a not-for-profit entity and an entrepreneurship that has five retail locations. I use Quicken for Home and Business on a Windows PC.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

This is a part time freelance type business so we don't need anything elaborate. Its a sole proprietorship so taxes are simple. For sure well under 50 transactions per month. - I just hate having to use Quickbooks AND Quicken just because i am a MAC user. Seems like it should be available for both PC and mac people. I am not willing to run parallel operating system either.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Unconfirmed
    edited November 2019

I have used Parallels for at least eight years and it works very, very well.  I have two virtual machines on my MacBook Pro...a Windows 7 partition and a Windows 10 partition.  

I keep my Quicken Windows 2017 H&B version on the Windows 7 partition, only because I despise Windows 10, their automatic updates and the entire interface.

I've upgraded Parallels a couple of times, but don't let them fool you Parallels 12 works just fine with High Sierra.  No need to upgrade there.  And I always find Parallels marketing a new version stating "increased speed" to be an absolute joke.  I've never seen one change in performance all the way back to Parallels 7 or 8.  That being said, performance is fine anyways.  Runs like my Mac apps do.  

I have both Quicken for Windows installed AND Quicken for Mac installed.  I also have another Mac financial software installed and been using all three in parallel since Jan 1.  

Shortly, I will make a decision to stick with one.  The Mac versions DO have the inside track as I would like to wean myself off of any Windows software.  

But so far, Quicken for Windows is still the best software of the three, followed by the other Mac financial software and lagging far behind is Quicken for Mac. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

@ProGolfer ; I would be very interested to know what the customer and invoice limit is. I have probably 50+ customers and I created about 2 invoices each day.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Unconfirmed
    edited November 2019

I know there is a limit.  I'm not sure what that limit is.  I've done a Google Search and can't fine that info.

I would think 50+ customers should certainly be fine.  Thousands...maybe not so much. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    So if I purchased Quicken Home and Business for Windows which I have been running for 15 years would and for the past 7+ years running under VMWare Fusion is it possible to also get a copy of Quicken Premier for Mac like the other versions? I'll hold off on the upgrade until next year if not. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes! to home and business. We also need the long-term financial planning feature. It made very evident that I needed to increase my savings substantially based on the assumptions I used. I also have switched entirely to Apple products but have been forced to buy and install Windows just so I can use features I use every month in Quicken and Quickbooks that are not in the Mac version.