Will there be a Quicken Home and Business for Mac in the future? (212 Legacy Votes)

15678911»

Comments

• cherishencherishen Member
    I just recently switched from Quicken for Windows Home and Business version.  There was a learning curve over the last month or so, but I am really glad that I switched now.  A lot of things are a lot easier and smoother to use.

But, I do consulting on the side, and have always used the Quicken for Windows to create and track my invoices.  It would be great if Quicken for Mac would have that capability.  I am maintaining a copy of Quicken for Windows just for invoice creation.  I'd rather have everything together.

Thanks for making Quicken for Mac a great product.  I tried it several years ago, and I hated it.  I really like it now.  You guys did a good job with it.
  • katraykatray Member
    Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

Quicken Home and Business is the best and most perfect solution for our very small businesses. I have looked for a long time for something that would do what Quicken H&B does and there is no equal. Two years ago I switched to a Mac. I would really love to do away with Windows and Quicken H&B is the only reason I still run Windows on my Mac. Macintosh computers are being purchased at a greater quantity than ever before. Please consider creating Quicken Home and Business for Mac. I, for one, would greatly appreciate it.
    TerryF said:

Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

Quicken needs to devote more internal resources to build out H&B for Mac !

• katraykatray Member
    It's April 29, 2019... three years later and YES!  I VOTE for MAC version for Home and Business. I'm ready to move on and away from Quicken... been limping along without a Business version for long enough. 

Please provide some ETA for a MAC version for Business Owners.. thank you.
  • Sam BrandtSam Brandt Member
    Any plans to make this available in either a native Mac version or plans to migrate the stand alone version online?
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sam Brandt Just read some of the very long thread above to understand that Quicken won't say unless they're ready to announce something, and what some of the obstacles are to getting there. Try this post and this one is you don't feel like slogging through the pages and pages of comments on this topic.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mybank2002mybank2002 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Marcus said:
    > Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

I would love this so much, I would really rather not boot into Windows. I have to upgrade two software Quicken and VMWare and occasionally Windows just to run Windows. I left Windows over 10 years ago and really would love to see this happen. I have checked Quicken for Mac so many times over the years and even made the purchase right before the buyout and it just doesn't hold a candle to the Windows version. Plus I lost all my attachments when I went over to Mac so I went back.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can add your VOTE to Carry Forward of Attachments from the Windows version.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count at the top of page 1 in the blue banner, so your vote will count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version (it may take a few seconds for your vote to register).

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • photoadele72photoadele72 Member
    Allow invoicing and estimates for Mac users who are both subscribers and single users to create estimates and invoices!!! Such a simple thing, am I right? Who's with me?
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, it's not "such a simple thing". ;)  I'm not saying it's not worthwhile, but it's not a small task to add the Home & Business functionality available in Quicken Windows to Quicken Mac. Especially since Quicken Mac at the Deluxe and Premier levels doesn't yet match Quicken Windows Deluxe and Premier functionality.

But definitely visit that existing Idea thread and add your vote on the first page of the thread by clicking the small gray triangle under the vote counter in the blue box. This idea has been marked by the developers as "Under Consideration," so the more voters, the greater the likelihood it will come to be.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello photoadele72,

I went ahead and merged your Idea thread with the existing Idea thread. I also updated the Legacy Vote Count to 212. :smile:

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie
    -Quicken Natalie 

• I put my vote in! My wife and I are both Mac users but we are forced to use VMWare Fusion and Win10 just for Quicken H&B. I too have been a quicken user since the DOS days. I realized development takes time but this would be a huge win for the small business community that uses macOS!
  • Bill Robertson3Bill Robertson3 Member ✭✭
    I'm so frustrated having to deal w/ parallels & windows. I'm going to see if I can cleanly import my Quicken H&B data into Quickbooks on MAC. Anybody done so?
  • maribeth22maribeth22 Member
    Count me in as voting for a more robust Mac version of Quicken. Thanks, everybody, for your hard work!