Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Combining two mutual funds under one name

gregnugget
gregnugget Member ✭✭
edited May 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have several funds in my deferred compensation.  When I set it up in Quicken, I listed them separately.  Now, I am adding a 3rd and I'd like to combine into one account on quicken, since that's the way the total is reported to me by the def compensation company.  There is not automatic updating through quicken, other than mutual fund price updates.  Can anyone help?  Thanks

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I think what you are saying is that each of the two current funds is in its own account, and now you want to be able to show all three (or more) funds in one account.  

This may be in part a function of the mutual fund family.  Some groups require a one-account-per-fund relationship, some will download multiple funds into one account; some will do it either way. Assuming you want to use download capabilities, you need to find out what your fund does that way.  

Assuming the fund family supports multiple funds into one (Quicken) account, you need to check your account settings.  Rt-click on the account name on the left, choose Edit/Delete account.  If the option Single Mutual fund appears, make sure it is set to "No".  

Now you can get into another account (with the other fund) and therein choose "Enter Transactions", select "Shares Transferred between Accounts" and follow the form to move the existing shares in that account to the other account.  

Finally, you should also be able to show cash from your paycheck going into that account and then buying shares or any of the three (or more) funds from the paycheck cash.  

HTH
    (If I have misinterpreted your intent, please clarify).
  • gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    You described and proposed a solution for what I want to do.  I will report if I am successful.  Thanks
  • gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    This worked perfectly! I very much appreciate your help.
This discussion has been closed.