Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Retitle the current investment account or set up new account?

ksm
ksm Member ✭✭
edited July 2018 in Investing (Windows)
For estate purposes, we opened a new account in the name of a Trust at the same investment company where we currently had an individually owned account. All assets of the existing account were transferred into the new Trust account. Currently, there is only one mutual fund investment in the account.

Looking for the community's thoughts on just changing the name, account number, etc. of the current account or setting up a new account and transferring the investments to it. I do use One Step Update for this account.

Quicken Windows Deluxe 2016 running on Windows XP

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Um, to the best of my knowledge QW2016 will not run on Win XP. I believe QW2014 is the last XP compatible version.

Regarding the account question, I would recommend fenaming the account and updating the account number. You could also enter a reminder transaction to note when the transfer took place.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    mshiggins said:

Um, to the best of my knowledge QW2016 will not run on Win XP. I believe QW2014 is the last XP compatible version.

Regarding the account question, I would recommend fenaming the account and updating the account number. You could also enter a reminder transaction to note when the transfer took place.

I agree with mshiggins.  For one existing account into one new account, an all-at-once transfer, renaming, renumbering, and reconnecting the account makes the most sense.  Backup first in case something breaks along the way.  
  • ksm
    ksm Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thank you for your guidance. My operating system is Windows 7. My apologies for misstating that.

Changed the account number. Download worked perfectly.
This discussion has been closed.