Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Investment tab doesn't work in Canadian quicken 2014 (win10)

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited June 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Investment tab doesn't work in quicken 2014 (win10) It's always worked and all the other tabs still do except for "Investments"...I click it and nothing happens. I've tried re installing but still have the same problem.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Hi Jim,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with the Investments tab. Just to check, what release of Quicken 2014 do you have installed? If you don't have the R9 release installed, please download and install if from the following location:

Quicken 2014 for Windows Release Notes, Updates, and Mondo Patch If that doesn't resolve the problem, please add a comment to this conversation, so we can help you get the answers you need, as quickly as possible.

To help other users who may be having a similar problem, please use the buttons below to"Like" this response, if it was helpful and resolved the issue.

I hope this helps,        
    Dave
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I am suspicious of corruption in your data file.  Do other aspects of investments work, like reports?
    Can you get reports for some accounts and not others?  
    For some securities and not others?
    Can you restore a recent backup and get to Investment tabs?
    If you start a new file for test purposes, can you get to an investments tab?

If those results suggest data file corruption, you can try to validate a copy of your data file to see if that fixes the issue.  If it does not, then the restored data file is likely your best path.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks dave .... I'm using Home&Business (canadian) R2  23.1.29
    I followed your link to R9 but it says "REMOVED] Subscription to text (SMS) alerts has been removed." ... there is R8 from March ...i'll try that.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Sorry, I assumed you were using the US version of Quicken 2014. The mondo patch update only applies to US versions of Quicken. The latest Canadian release is R4. The link to that update is located on the same page as the US mondo patch, but it is located towards the bottom of the page (see image below):

Dave
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Jim said:

Thanks dave .... I'm using Home&Business (canadian) R2  23.1.29
    I followed your link to R9 but it says "REMOVED] Subscription to text (SMS) alerts has been removed." ... there is R8 from March ...i'll try that.

Jim:  Don't bother.  Those patches are for the US version; NA to the Canadian version.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi Dave, got the R4 and updated it but it's still the same problem. Someone else suggested by data file is corrupt.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited September 2017
    If the issue isn't with your Quicken version, a corrupt data file would be the next logical culprit. For instructions on how to troubleshoot a damaged Quicken data file, please take a look at the following Knowledge Base article:

How do I troubleshoot a damaged Quicken data file? Give that a try and let us know the results.

Dave
This discussion has been closed.