Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Certain stock transactions are not clearing in the Investing Tab

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have two stocks that i sold in March of this year that keep showing up in the Investing Tab.  The stocks are logged into the chart of accounts as bought and sold in March of this year, but the Investment Tab keeps showing the stocks as OPEN lots.  I checked the amount and dollar figures and commission and everything seems correct in the chart of accounts. how can i get rid of the stock in the Investment Tab?

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I would first check to confirm the status before the sale.  Se the As of date for the portfolio view back in time to see that the share quantities were correct before the sale.

I would then check the sale transactions.  Edit those transactions and see how the sale lots were specified.  Correct as necessary.  

If those sale lots look correct, but you are still getting bad results, I would delete the sale transactions and re-enter them.  

Finally, I would run a file validation on a copy of the file choosing the option to rebuild investment lots (not the option to delete prices).  

HTH
This discussion has been closed.