Income over time report

I'd like to see this feature added. I see more than a dozen people asking this over the past five years. 

Comments

• Quicken MarcusQuicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I could be thinking of this wrong but I think you can do this using the Spending Over Time report and then just picking Income categories.  Disregard the report name.  Can you take a look and let me know if that doesn't work for you.   
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

I could be thinking of this wrong but I think you can do this using the Spending Over Time report and then just picking Income categories.  Disregard the report name.  Can you take a look and let me know if that doesn't work for you.   

I believe Spending Over Time report only allows Expense categories, not income.

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
    edited August 2018
    You may also want to add your VOTE for MANY types of reports and report features, here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/list-of-requests-for-report-types-and-related-fe....

Go take a look at the list and vote for the ones you want to see implemented in Quicken for Mac.

Be sure to scroll down the page, as some contain lists of related features. Then click on EACH link you are interested in, then click the VOTE button at the top of EACH page of THAT request in the list below to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of each one, your vote will NOT be counted!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

edited August 2018
    Vote for the related Income Over Time Graph, here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/need-a-way-to-create-a-bar-or-line-graph-for-inc...

Be sure to click on the link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of each one, your vote will NOT be counted!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

edited December 2016

It turns out that this type of report is simply a subset or application of a Columnar report, which should select only income related categories, then subtotal and sort by them, and, displaying multiple selected periods, similar to the Spending Over Time report, as described here.

To make sure your vote from here gets counted in, you can add your VOTE for the  Columnar report.

You also want to add your vote to each of the components that make up the essential related report features described here.

First
    , click on each underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THAT feature and increase its visibility to the developers.

• sbennett3705sbennett3705 Member
    edited November 2016

Just confirming this does NOT work. You can select on Income categories, but the report is blank. Looks like spending reports are hard coded to only look at expenses. 
    edited September 2017

Correct...that is why a true versatile flexible design is truly needed...a canned approach will ALWAYS miss out on someone's needs. QM2007's approach left things open, even with pre-defined reports, so it was nimble and easy to configure to meet a user's needs.

So be sure to click on the links above for the Columnar report and the related features and add your vote to each one for a more flexible design that long-term loyal Quicken customers are used to and know can be achieved.