Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I get return percentages to show? It's says N/A for every security I have. Deluxe 2016

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited July 2018 in Investing (Windows)

Comments

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Do you have placeholders?
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Home
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Yes but I thought I removed those in the preferences tab. After an update I still get N/A.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    In edit, preferences, investments check the box to show hidden transactions to see if any are still there. Too narrow date range of course can also lead to NAs.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Thanks Bob- but that didn't work either. I do't understand why I am not getting any percentages on any of the 10 or so securities I have.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    What report, or if it is in portfolio view, what measure are you using? Were the securities recently added or transferred into the Account?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Portfolio review. Relatively recent transfer of brokerage houses. This is the first time I have loaded them on to quicken. I can't believe that the program can't give me historical percentages for well known stocks like Starbucks, etc.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    If they were just added to,quicken then measures attempting to get the return for your actual holdings may return NA. due to the short time period. Have you tried running an investment preformance report instead?

As for historic returns, i.e. Not your returns, I am unsure as to which measure was designed to do that, and I could be wrong but I believe there have been issues with the data provider that was populating it anyway.
This discussion has been closed.