Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Unable to add UNH ticker to security list

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited September 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Have added multiple holdings to my security list successfully but have one,UNH, that processes just like all the others but will not appear in the list. I have tried adding via in the register and directly into the Security List without success.  Have verified it isn't already in place and the sticker is not associated with any other holdings.  Am using Quicken 2016 Premier.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Open up the Security List in Quicken (click Tools / Security List)
    Sort the list by Ticker (click the column header) to see if you've got a duplicate security with the same ticker.
    Check the Security Type for UNH. It better be Stock and NOT Market Index ...
    Check to see if the Security is marked "hidden" and unhide it.

If the Security does not show in the Investing tab's Portfolio View, check the view's customization.
    Click the Customize button.
    Click the Securities tab and make sure UNH has a checkmark. Or click the Select all button.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    Thank you SuperUser, found a hidden stock with the ticker.  Another question if I may.  Can I turn-off share price updates for an individual account.  Some accounts I desire updates, others not.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    GMA said:

Thank you SuperUser, found a hidden stock with the ticker.  Another question if I may.  Can I turn-off share price updates for an individual account.  Some accounts I desire updates, others not.

Can I turn-off share price updates for an individual account?  
    No -- or maybe.  Downloaded share prices come from two places.  The Download Quotes values come through feeds out of Quicken, Inc (Intuit) servers and are on a security basis.  No coordination with accounts.  This is principally controlled through the Download Quotes checkboxes on the Security List (Ctrl-Y).

But when you download transactions from a brokerage, that also typically includes current stock quotes as of that download date (may be closing values from the day before).  So for getting or not getting those prices is on an account basis but meshes with the data download.  Omitting those prices also means you are omitting all the transactions (not so good).  But you have no real flexibility with those incoming prices.  

HTH
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Thank you again and now another question.  I'm entering historical dividend data using Inc - Income (Div, Int, etc.) and one holding results in N/A in the cash amount field and the other +$$.  It should show +$$ for cash dividends.  I have looked at both holdings and they are set up identically as large cap stocks.  I'll also noticed that when entering BOUGHT (not BOUGHTX) the cash amt also reflects N/A.  This too should reduce the cash balance.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

"N/A" in an investment account register is indicative of Placeholders.
    You need to resolve the placeholder transactions. After that, you'll see correct $ values.

For more about
    Placeholders please go into Quicken Help (press the F1 key from anywhere in
    Quicken) and perform a Contents search for "placeholder".

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    I have reviewed placeholders help section and still cannot reconcile.  I have a few holdings that handle the cash additions and reductions (for buys and cash dividends) correctly but most don't. For those security entries the result is N/A in the cash amount field.  Also, the Placeholder Entries tab shows (o) despite there being lots of N/As in the cash amount column.
This discussion has been closed.