Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

SELL stock transactions not showing up in portfolio view - BUY transactions do...

Patrick J Lueck
Patrick J Lueck Member ✭✭
edited June 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken Deluxe 2014/Windows.  Description:  SELL transactions do not show up in Portfolio View.  Buy transactions do; Dividends do......and when I sell, the "Total Shares" column does drop (phew!).  but no listing for a SELL.  I have ensured that the account AND the stock are in the view....and, obviously I can find the the transaction by going to an account's transaction list... I have explored "customize..."  - can find nothing pertinent.

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Portfolio views are generally intended to show what you own, not what you sold.  I am not sure how you are expecting SELL transactions to be presented there.  

Neverthless, there is an option under the Options selection to "Show Closed lots".  To see those specific sold lots, you will need to Group By Account, and then expand the listings by Expand all or by clicking the + signs next to the security names.
  • Patrick J Lueck
    Patrick J Lueck Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    OH! thanks... I began to doubt my perception of the feature design and was coming around to this possible approach by Quicken...  Happy now.. Good thing: in my research, I found several options that allowed me to customize my own approach and views...  Thanks again..
This discussion has been closed.