Error message: "An unknown error occured, please try later". QWin 2015 H&B reinstall

I had to reinstall my Windows 10 and when trying to reinstall my Quicken 2015 Home&Business and open my user data I was asked to sign-in with my Intuit ID and got an error message: "An unknown error occured, please try later".I type my Id and password and no way. Please adivse.

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

- "2014 ...
    Release R9",  https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2014-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

- "2015 ... Release R11",  https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2015-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

- "2016 ... Release R8(or higher)", https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2016-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

Please do this:

Locate the Mondo Patch file in the link above that applies to your version (year) of Quicken.

Download it and save it to disk.

Temporarily disable your Antivirus software for the entire duration of the next
    step: Install (run) the downloaded patch file.

This will replace any Quicken software modules with a known consistent release
    level and, hopefully, eliminate any software corruption or errors during
    installation as a cause of this issue.

Note to Quicken Canada users: Do not download the
    patch or Mondo Patch files in the above links. They apply to Quicken US users
    only. Instead, scroll down the webpage to the Quicken Canada section and
    download that file.

• Swift YaguchiSwift Yaguchi Member
    edited August 2016
    Thank you for propmpt reply. I run the suggested Patch and was able to proceed with Quicken H&B 2015 installation, but now Quicken asks for registration, in a screen with my address info and answering a question "where did you buy Qucken?". I fill up my inforation BUT "NEXT button" stays grey unable to click and proceed to conclude the Quicken installation. Please advise.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
  • AlanAlan Member
    edited October 2016
    I got this message after a fresh install on my laptop. The solution for me was to do a re-install and to select the option to do all the updates. When this was done Quicken returned to normal, although it does require that I log into my Quicken account as part of opening a Quicken file.
  • Jane MetzgerJane Metzger Member
    edited April 2017
    Every time I install the updates I cannot run Quicken at all it never will start.  what do I do next I have followed every direction on the internet and I am going crazy at this point I have been using Quicken for twenty years and never had so many problems.
  • Claudine H.Claudine H. Member
    edited November 2017

Every time I install the updates I cannot run Quicken at all it never will start.  what do I do next I have followed every direction on the internet and I am going crazy at this point I have been using Quicken for twenty years and never had so many problems.

This happened to me about 10 days ago. After a patch, Quicken would not open. When I tried take my computer back before the last restore point, the computer screwed up to. That computer is out of commission. Today I installed Q 2016 on a new laptop, needed to download a mondo patch, had a little problem but it's working OK now.  Like a lot of other people, I have been using Q since 1990. I'm tired of Intuit not understanding our problems.  Why doesn't it state on the screen that gives us a "error, try again later" that we need a new patch instead of us not knowing what the heck is wrong & thinking we need to change our password because we're following what that screen says. I really enjoy using Quicken and don't want to hunt for a replacement.  Come on Intuit, wise up.
  • Claudine H.Claudine H. Member
    edited April 2017

Actually Quicken is now an independent company backed by H.I.G. Capital, Eric Dunn is CEO of Quicken, Inc. I guess we can't complain about Intuit even though we still need to have a Intuit ID & password to get anywhere.
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/an-update-from-our-ceo-eric-dunn
  • edited November 2017

I have Quicken 2016 (Canadian addition) for Windows 10. I
    got the following error message when trying to sign in with your Intuit ID: “An
    unknown error occurred. Please try to connect later.” After research, I
    understood I should run the Mondo patchR4. The patch refused to run. The
    message was “unable to check for updates the server file failed to load”.
    Additional details said the “index and length must refer to a location within
    the string. Parameter name: length”
  • Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

Hi Brian,
    Sorry you're having trouble with the patch--I'd like to contact you directly to get some more information from you--please keep an eye out for an email from the community.  Hopefully, we can get this fixed for you--

Thanks,
    Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • edited August 2017
    I see a Release 5 has just been made available. I uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken 2016 and ran the
    Quicken clean tool to ensure a complete uninstall. Then I ran the R5 patch with no success. This patch delivered the same error message as the the R4 patch. 

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Brian,
    please check this:
    In
    Windows Control Panel select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click
    on Tools / Internet options.)

Click the Advanced tab.

Scroll down the list to "Use TLS x.x" and click to put a checkmark on
    all available TLS choices.

Uncheck all obsolete "Use SSL x.x".

Click Apply, then OK. Close IE. Close and restart Quicken.

• edited October 2017
    The boxes already were appropriately checked/unchecked as instructed. Still not working.
  • edited September 2017

Kathryn, I am having the same issue.  I have Q2015, and had the same problem as Brian above.  How do I resolve the issue?
  • Manny LManny L Member
    edited September 2017
    Installed update (2016), and now i click to open Quicken, it briefly wants to start then crashes,  WTH!
  • vpaulvpaul Member
    edited September 2017
    I get the same error as in the heading. Quicken Home and Business 2015 Win 10 ,Pro.  If I run the Mondo patch I get "An error has occurred" Unable to check for updates, the server file failed to load. Can anyone HELP?
  • sneakyspritesneakysprite Member
    edited October 2017
    I am having the same error also Q2015. It was working a few days ago and here is the kicker, I just updated where intuit and quicken were splitting  had required a changing of passwords a few days prior to the windows reload.  So, I even went to intuit.com, quicken.com and reset all passwords in all those areas just in case so all were the same PW for now.    Fortunately i have 2 other computers i can use in the meantime if needed where Most people probably dont,  So, on behalf of myself and the hours i spent trying to fix (even uninstalled and reinstalled quicken) what is causing this issue.  If i buy 2017 and do a complete uninstall and install to 2017 then import files.  Will i have the same issue?  I don't want to waste money if it wont  thank you for any help in advance.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

In case of Patch installation error "Server
    failed to load ... Index and length ..."

Please follow
    instructions here:

https://www.quicken.com/support/patch-error-unable-check-updates-server-file-failed-load

• nickbdnickbd Member
    edited October 2017

I have the same issue with H&B 2015.  Wasted about a half hour with tech support yesterday.  Uninstalled according to procedure on website and reinstalled and then Mondo patch and back with unusable Quicken that I had at the start.  Very lame.  This is with Windows 7.  Just don't think their software people bother to test things.
  • nickbdnickbd Member
    edited October 2017

Also interesting that the message is "An unknown error occured.  Please try to connect later." Occurred has two r's so can't write code or spell.  Any decent programmer will try to give a more specific error or a numerical error code that a tech support person can look into in detail.  Error detection and trapping and processing is fundamental to good coding practice.   Quicken needs to find better programmers to survive.
  • nickbdnickbd Member
    edited October 2017

Went back and installed the Mondo patch again and noticed that now updated to an older release 10 instead of 14/15.  And this one worked.  Hopefully they will get the later release sorted out.  Unfortunate that so many ppl have to waste so much time.
  • StephanieStephanie Member
    edited October 2017

The boxes already were appropriately checked/unchecked as instructed. Still not working.

Brian - was your issue resolved?  I'm having the same problem - except that I haven't tried any of the "fixes" because of uncertainty about the "fix"!
  • Jeffrey MaasJeffrey Maas Member
    edited November 2017

Agree. I have been a loyal Quicken user since 2003 and have upgraded several times throughout the years with no issues until 2 weeks ago.  I was successfully running Intuit's Quicken Deluxe 2015 version (CD in a box) on Windows 10 when, after a Quicken update, I couldn't even get Quicken to launch.  After following Quicken's on-line recommendations about uninstalling, cleaning, and re-installing, I was able to initiate Quicken program, but gets hung up at same error, "An unknown error occurred. Please try to connect later." Most frustrating. 
    edited November 2017

Update - I upload & installed the Mondo patch

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2015-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

and after running was able to successfully install.  I selected the off-line option as we don't regularly use on-line banking or mobile for Quicken and I wanted the simplest installation possible in an effort to get Quicken running again.  It worked.  I was able to open a back-up file from before the issues and so far so good. 
    edited November 2017

Knowing that Quicken was sold, I will be monitoring the development of this software package closely.  It has served us extremely well over the years and I'd hate to leave it, but not afraid to try something new if HIG Capital & Eric Dunn can't work out these bugs and/or lose focus on its core purpose for us long-standing users.
    edited November 2017

Knowing that Quicken was sold, I will be monitoring the development of this software package closely.  It has served us extremely well over the years and I'd hate to leave it, but not afraid to try something new if HIG Capital & Eric Dunn can't work out these bugs and/or lose focus on its core purpose for us long-standing users.
  • edited June 2018
    I have reinstalled the Visual C++, but still get MSVCP120.dll and MSVCR120.dll are not found, what can I do to get this issue fixed?  I cannot seem to get the patch to work because of the 2 errors listed and I have already uninstalled and reinstalled everything.