Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Display/UI (Mac)

Confirm delete. There ought to be options to confirm when deleting a transaction. (36 Legacy Votes)

2»

Comments

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I don't know if you're using Quicken for Mac or Windows. In Quicken for Mac, if you realize you accidentally deleted a transaction, you can just Undo (Command-Z) and the transaction will be restored. And Quicken has multiple undo, so you can back up and undeleted multiple actions if you need to go back several steps. I originally asked for a confirmation message when I started testing Quicken 2015 after many years with Quicken 2007 and earlier, but in practice, I've found the unlimited undo functionality is better than having to confirm every deletion.. (You may not agree; I'm just offering my two cents...)

@Steven Vance: Quicken and Quickbooks share very little in common other than the first 5 letters of the respective product names and that they were once both owned by the same company. Quickbooks was designed as true accounting software, so something like a log of transaction history makes sense; Quicken is personal finance management software, and isn't robust about the same things. (For instance, in most accounting software, you can void or reverse a transaction, but not delete it; in Quicken you can just delete anything you want.)

And as @smayer97 says, Quicken 2017 is a next-generation rebuild of Quicken for Mac. As such, it still lacks a number of major and minor features that longtime Quicken users valued in Quicken 2007 and earlier. Little by little, the developers are adding those features, but it's been a long haul since Quicken 2015 debuted nearly three years ago, and it will likely take a few more years to add back some of the key features and bells-and-whistles we legacy Quicken for Mac users currently miss.

I definitely wouldn't say that it has made high-powered users happy; in fact, users with significant investment activity are among the folks most unhappy with Quicken 2017 because of what's missing. The people who are happy are (a) those whose specific needs are met by the current incarnation of the software and (b) most of us, who at least see a path forward for our legacy Quicken data, even though the software isn't yet where we'd like it to be.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This IDEA has been added to the List of Data Entry and Usability Options and Features.
    You may want to click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

edited August 2018
    You may want to add your VOTE to another related but broader IDEA to Add Option to Get Confirmation When Changing Any Transaction.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

? Add your vote here:

(

• Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Option to ASK ME before deleting a transaction.

Apparently there is no way to have Quicken for Mac Deluxe 2018 ASK ME before deleting a transaction. Too quick a movement of the finger and "Whoooosssss. . . " the transaction has puffed away. Disconcerting!  Undo does not do the trick because sometimes the deletion is so fast, I miss it.  --  It would be good if this option could be provided in Quicken Preferences.  Thank you.
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This requested feature was added in version 5.12 in August 2019.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
    jacobs said:
    This requested feature was added in version 5.12 in August 2019.
    But as you noted elsewhere, with no option to turn it off.

? Add your vote here:

(

This discussion has been closed.