Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Adding previously held mutual fund to new IRA account

Beverley
Beverley Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken 2016 for Windows. I created an account for my IRA but overlooked two mutual funds which were part of the IRA. How can I now add them to this account? Thanks

Comments

• Rich_M
    Rich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    If you overlooked two funds, then I am assuming you do not have this account activated for downloads with your Financial Institution, otherwise Quicken would have created placeholder entries for the missing holdings.

The easiest way to add the missing holdings is to use an Add shares transaction to add the missing positions.  You can enter a recent transaction date, along with the total positions and cost, Quicken will calculate the average share price for you.

If you are a stickler for accuracy, you will need to enter each lot or historical trade transaction that made up your current holdings in this security.  This will give you the most accurate performance and tax information, but may require a lot of extra work on your part.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
This discussion has been closed.