Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

UA and UA.C quote issues

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2018 in Investing (Windows)
The quotes for Under Armour and Under Armour C won't update and haven't since the stock spin off. All the other quotes download including history. Am I missing something?

Comments

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Mine have been updating fine.  Make sure you have the correct tickers.  UA and UA.C.

Also, go to the security list (Ctrl+y) and make sure they are both selected to download quotes.  Maybe they somehow got de-selected.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Unfortunately tickers aren't the issue. UA updated fine prior, and then just stopped. I have since updated all of the information. I deleted the securities and re-entered them. I did the same for the transactions. I also followed instructions from another thread about adding and removing shares rather than use the spin off. But nothing has helped get the prices back.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Unfortunately tickers aren't the issue. UA updated fine prior, and then just stopped. I have since updated all of the information. I deleted the securities and re-entered them. I did the same for the transactions. I also followed instructions from another thread about adding and removing shares rather than use the spin off. But nothing has helped get the prices back.

Did you check them in the security list?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

I did, no luck there either.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I suggest you pull up the Security Details, Choose Update / Edit Price History, and review the data in that price history listing.  The first item I would look for would be a future date - particularly 1/18/2038.  If you find such a date, delete that entry and then try the price update again.  If you see any other spurious data points, I would delete those as well,.  

(FWIW:  I just added both securities to my test file and got good current and recent prices.)

Secondly, you might consider creating a second test file and see if you can get the princes n that file.    

Also, what Quicken are you using?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016
    Quicken 16 Premier
    The problem is there is no price history to examine, past, present, or future.  When I download quotes, it doesn't pull anything for either symbol UA or UA.C.  

As an aside, it won't accept a manual price edit on my part.  I have completed deleted the securities and their histories, and trying to add everything back.  That also failed.

I appreciate any suggestions you have, please keep them coming!
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Try this:

Edit the security and change the ticker to anything else (UA-old). Take the option to copy the old prices to the new ticker (even though there do not appear to be any) and to delete the old prices.

Now repeat changing the ticker back to the correct UA. I would first choose the same options and then see if you could enter prices manually. If that did not work, it would try it without copying the old prices.

If this works, you can repeat for the UA.C security.

FYI: Quicken actually stores the prices as an association to a ticker for any tickered security. Deleting the security does not delete the prices associated with the ticker. That data remains stored in the file.

HTH.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2016
    q.lurker said:

Try this:

Edit the security and change the ticker to anything else (UA-old). Take the option to copy the old prices to the new ticker (even though there do not appear to be any) and to delete the old prices.

Now repeat changing the ticker back to the correct UA. I would first choose the same options and then see if you could enter prices manually. If that did not work, it would try it without copying the old prices.

If this works, you can repeat for the UA.C security.

FYI: Quicken actually stores the prices as an association to a ticker for any tickered security. Deleting the security does not delete the prices associated with the ticker. That data remains stored in the file.

HTH.

Funny enough, when I completed the process for UA, it corrected the prices for UA.C.  Not sure how it worked, but thank you for the suggestion!
This discussion has been closed.