Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Problem with sorting by Return % YTD

Myrna Larson
Myrna Larson Member ✭✭
edited July 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I'm running Quicken 2016 Premier, R8, Windows 10. I have investment 3 accounts. One of them has 3 unique securities, the other 9 or 10 securities are common to all 3 accounts. On the Portfolio screen, if I group by account, and sort by the Return (%) YTD column, all is well. When I group by security, the unique securities are not in the right order. Bug???

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I am seeing similar behavior with QW2014.  Indeed, it appear to me that grouping by account may be the only one that consistently comes out correct.  

Yes, I'd say a bug.  

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Could be the issue you are seeing only has to do with those unique securities held in different accounts? That is in my case the sort works correctly but I don't have the same security in different accounts. Is that your point?
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Home
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I just now tested this in QW2016 R8 with one security held in multiple accounts and the bug only occurs for that multiply held security.  That is "unique securities" (only held in one account) sort properly.  The security held in multiple accounts,however, is out of order from the rest.
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Home
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Bob L said:

I just now tested this in QW2016 R8 with one security held in multiple accounts and the bug only occurs for that multiply held security.  That is "unique securities" (only held in one account) sort properly.  The security held in multiple accounts,however, is out of order from the rest.

I suppose that is the same thing I am seeing.  The first four in my screen shot are one-account holdings.  The last two (out of order) are multi-account holdings. 
This discussion has been closed.