Restore Transactions Downloading Acceptance and Matching workflow to Quicken Mac (317 Legacy Votes)

14567810»

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you want to see all the newly downloaded transactions in one place, you can use the "All Transactions" register. You can filter on the Status column to only show newly downloaded transactions by selecting the "Any Status" pulldown just above the register. That would give you the list you're looking for.

Personally, I prefer the way it works now. I'd rather review downloaded transactions after they're placed in the registers - it makes it easier to find & fix unmatched duplicates.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    The Register in Quicken for Windows allows you to (manually) review and accept transactions downloaded. PLEASE implement this feature in Quicken for Mac. Having the Mac product simply dump them into the Register and mis-categorize them all the time is painful. This very important feature is sorely missed as a converter from Windows to Mac.

Hello @rjbokleman

Thank you for bringing up the subject of manual transaction acceptance in the context of Quicken for Mac for discussion.

I have merged your discussion with the previous instance of this Idea, as it has been suggested before.

I recommend adding your vote by navigating to Page 1 in this discussion and clicking the small gray box with the upward-facing arrow in the Original Post.

I hope that is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• rjbokleman
    rjbokleman Member ✭✭
    Appreciate the consolidation, but since this has been being requested since 2016, apparently the development team doesn't feel its important enough to warrant pushing it up in the backlog. Sad.
  • rjbokleman
    rjbokleman Member ✭✭
    @Jon That could be useful as a workaround. I do see you can filter by 'Last Downloaded'. I'll give that a try the next time I download / update my accounts.
  • tlauducc
    tlauducc Member ✭✭
    I longed for this feature but eventually changed my habits and I think I like my new method better than old QM2007 system. Here's what I did - hopefully it helps!

Turn off automatic transaction renaming (and automatic matching, if you like). That way newly downloaded transactions come into the register as ALL CAPS GIBBERISH (at least that's almost always how they look from my financial institutions). The all caps makes it very easy to see which are not things you've manually entered. And you can always use the blue dot to mark anything as unreviewed as well.

If they're duplicates of things you've already entered, it's very quick & easy to drag & drop the downloaded transaction onto your manual entry; the matcher will keep your manual entry name and any other manually entered attributes.

If they're not duplicates, you can rename them and properly categorize them on your own time, but least you'll quickly be alerted to transactions you weren't expecting (I find this handy when my wife writes a check I didn't know about). I often do this backward flow with my receipt pile - I download a long list of charges and go through my receipt pile checking them off 1 by 1. Quicken's download saves me the effort of inputting the date & amount; I fix the name and category, add a memo, and I'm done.

I think that process has ended up being faster, less error-prone, and better at highlighting anomalies than my separate download matching window flow from QM2007. And as a failsafe, you can always right-click to bring up the inspector to check which downloaded transaction the manual entry has matched against. That's how I catch pesky errant automatches if they ever sneak through.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be helpful to some.

Just keep in mind that there are many benefits to having this separate workflow that cannot be addressed any other way. Many of those are listed in the OP on page 1.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• catique26
    catique26 Member
    edited September 2022
    I just started using Quicken for Mac and my #1 gripe is no Downloaded Transactions Preview Pane. I understand the yellow pencil (manual), the blue pencil (matched), and the blue dot, but I'm having issues where Quicken pretty much repeats the transaction because the amount does not match exactly. It takes me a bunch of time to track down which transaction is a duplicate to a manually entered transaction, correct the dollar amount, then delete the duplicate transaction. With the Downloaded Transaction Preview Pane in Quicken for Windows, I can update the dollar amount, match the transaction, and don't have to figure out what is a duplicate. I can't trust the balance showing because of the "duplicate" transactions with the incorrect dollar amount. If this isn't fixed, first chance I get I will return to Crossover and Quicken for Windows.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried dragging the downloaded transaction over the already existing register transaction, to effect a match and update the amount, in one action?
  • Hello @catique26,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

Your idea has been merged into this already active Idea thread regarding the same request.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• earshot
    earshot Member ✭✭
    Quicken's success at quietly creating yet another means for coyly mining data while hijacking our control of -- and fogging our lens into -- our financial information, right down to the penny…

We had a name for this back where I come from: it was called "spying".
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

………..

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Hi! Is there any progress on this update? I'm using Quicken for Mac and I'm having many frustrations with the auto-match of downloaded transactions to manually entered recurring ones. I'm finding it's really messing with my ability to see if a transaction actually went through and with my monthly balance projections in the accounts in question. Not to mention the amount of time I waste finding the incorrectly matched transactions and telling them to reject the match. I'd far prefer a setting to choose whether to enable automatic transaction match or not. Thanks!

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

Wow! Not Planned? Really? Over 400 votes for this idea and SO IMPORTANT GOOD reasons to restore this feature!

Not happy about this.