Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

401K Update missing from menu

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I no longer see the 401k Update in the Actions drop down menu. I want to update my 401k holdings quarterly like I ways do however this no longer appears to be an option in Quicken 2010. Am I missing something? How can I update my holdings?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    Q2010 was "sunsetted" on 4/30/2013.  ALL ability to import was ended at that time, in accordance with the End User License Agreement that you agreed to when you installed Q2010.  Q continues to work normally in every other respect.

SO, you can type in your transactions manually, OR you can upgrade to a newer product year of Q.
    Note that Q2014 will sunset on 4/30/17. Q2015 on 4/30/18.  Q2016 on 4/30/19.  Q2017, which is due out in the next month or so, will sunset on 4/30/20.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm actually using Quicken 2015. Any advice?
  • NotACPA
    edited October 2018
    A few, but more info needed.  1st, do HELP, About Quicken.  What release is shown?  Format for your response will be:  R ? (??.?.?.?)

Next, when you do TOOLS, Account List, what shows in the "Transactions Download" column across from your 401k account?

Last, click EDIT next to that account name.  Can you take a snapshot (redacted as necessary re: amounts and account numbers) of the "Account Details" page?  The Win Snipping Tool, in your Accessories folder, works well for this.  You can insert the saved JPG into your response by clicking the camera icon below.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm using R11 (24.1.11.1). The transaction download is Yes (Web Connect). Not comfortable sending a snapshot of my screen though.
  • NotACPA
    edited October 2018
    Web Connect is initiated from the bank/card/brokers website ... it isn't used with One Step Update.  You have to go to the 401k website, and download from there.

And, your security is why I said "redacted as necessary".  The Win Snipping Tool includes the ability for your to "draw-thru" account numbers, etc.
This discussion has been closed.