Add the ability to carry forward report format to Quicken Mac from other versions (102 Legacy Votes)

smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
All report formats are lost when upgrading from QM2007 or from QWin to QM2016.

Please add the ability to carry forward all report formats.

This has been requested MANY times in the forum, from both QMac users AND QWin users.

(I myself have about 80 memorized reports. Recreating them would be a huge undertaking, from setting up, to testing, to validation. Of course, it requires that QMac have the corresponding report format to be able to carry them forward.)

The following are just a few samples of requests that support Requests for ability to import existing saved reports:

From QM2007: 

http://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/if-i-upgrade-from-quicken-for-mac-2007-to-quicken-for-mac-2016-will-my-saved-reports-convert-automatically-or...

http://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/just-upgraded-from-quicken-for-mac-2007-to-mac-2016-and-converted-files-cant-find-my-saved-reports-from-2007...

From Windows:

http://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/converting-quicken-2013-for-windows-reports-to-quicken-mac-2015...

http://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/can-i-import-custom-reports-from-quicken-for-windows-into-quicken-for-mac...

http://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/why-im-requesting-a-refund-for-quicken-mac-2016?notification_token=4c79eb47b7210849bc5fb06cd16b113b&utm_cam...

(If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to click "VOTE" above to increase the count and therefore its visibility by the developers, thanks.) 

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
1 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    You may also want to add your VOTE to MANY types of reports and report features, here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/list-of-requests-for-report-types-and-related-fe...

Click the link above to go take a look at the list and vote for the ones you want to see implemented in Quicken for Mac. 

Be sure to scroll down the page, as some contain lists of related features.  Click on the link to EACH IDEA separatelyThen you click the VOTE button at the top of EACH page that opens up respectively to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page of each feature, your vote will NOT be counted for THAT feature!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

edited August 2018
    I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

To do that, I suggest you read this FAQ on how to filter the IDEAS to just show the ones for the Mac version, then VOTE to your heart's content:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-getsat-faq-how-to-filter-conversations-d...

The following are some of the many feature requests you will find: Be sure to scroll down the page, as some contain lists of related features. Click on the link to EACH IDEA separately that you are interested in, then click the VOTE button at the top of EACH page that opens up respectively to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page of each feature, your vote will NOT be counted for THAT specific feature!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

• SueSue Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Idea/Question...since I have already upgraded from Quicken 2015 for Windows to Quicken 2017 for Mac and have lost all my Saved Reports, might there be a way, once Reports are more robust, to Export them out of Windows and Import them into the Mac version?
    edited August 2017
    Sue said:

Idea/Question...since I have already upgraded from Quicken 2015 for Windows to Quicken 2017 for Mac and have lost all my Saved Reports, might there be a way, once Reports are more robust, to Export them out of Windows and Import them into the Mac version?

No one can answer that question until they actually build it but this would require 2 things to work...QM2017 does have the ability to import more than one data file but usually that is reserved for when you are just starting your migration from an old version of Quicken...not sure how it fairs once you have been using a data file for a while in QM2017. 

Also it would require the ability to only export only reports from QWin. I do not think that is currently an option.

So, I suspect, if they do build this, it would be limited to new converts from Windows to Mac.

• AlstuffAlstuff Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Sue said:

Me too!
    edited August 2017
    Sue said:

Then remember to click VOTE at the top of this page to have your voice counted.

• edited May 2018
    Sue said:

I have been using quicken for many, many years and it is absurd to me that reports like Transaction detail, Balance Sheet and Income statement that I have spent months of my life to create was abandoned in 2015 and still to this day in 2018 cannot be upgraded from my 2007 version which was the last fully functional and robust quicken product that no longer backs up in high sirerra on my mac and just does not get any better despite numerous complaints by myself and others and ridiculousness.  I guess it is time for me to find another program at this point that if I am going to have to recreate all my info again, one that will be more proactive to its clients who are the ones that purchases and supports their products.  Sad but done living in the dark ages with my finances.