Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

quicken 2014 wont download investment transactions all of a sudden

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited September 2018 in Investing (Windows)
i have been using quicken 2014 home and business for many years. the current release is R9. the last investment download it would do was september 6th 2016. now when i go to update my investments i enter my password and hit enter and NOTHING. it just sits there without doing anything!!!! SO FRUSTRATING. i even reinstalled the program and the mondo patch.
PLEASE HELP WHAT IS WRONG?????

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm seeing EXACTLY the same issue. The OFX.log just has empty timestamp entries.

================ (23.1.9.3) (20160924/10:51:33) ===================
    ================ (23.1.9.3) (20160924/11:09:27) ===================
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm seeing EXACTLY the same issue. The OFX.log just has empty timestamp entries.

================ (23.1.9.3) (20160924/10:51:33) ===================
    ================ (23.1.9.3) (20160924/11:09:27) ===================
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2019
    i just found in another post, quicken JUST STOPPED allowing windows XP computers to communicate with their system. i guess we have to upgrade.

BUT MY ISSUE IS---WTF does the operating system have to do with anything????? windows xp starts the computer just fine. i dont use it for anything else, not word processing, not spreadsheets, not banking, WHY [removed] does it matter what operating system i have?????
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    By the way, it's not Quicken that made a change. It's the banks that are showing you a cold shoulder now.

When Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP, they also stopped adding new security protocols to XP and its version of Internet Explorer.
    Banks are constantly making changes to improve the security for accessing their systems. Old unsecured protocols like SSL are being phased out and replaced with newer protocols and encryption methods. Gotta stay at least 1/2 step ahead of the hackers. Or do you want your bank's security to be breached, causing millions in damages, just so you can continue to access the bank with insecure methods?
    If your Ford Model T of an operating system doesn't support the new methods, it's time to retire it and upgrade to a new version of Windows.
This discussion has been closed.