Add option to sort Accounts by Name in Quicken for Mac (72 Legacy Votes +1 Merged Vote)

2»

Comments

• The Truth
    The Truth Member
    Will add my 2 cents. PLEASE prioritize sorting banking as well and investment and property & debt accounts by balance. Thanks
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, an alphabetical sort is still desired as an option, as per the OP. This could be simply addressed by creating a tab for a different sort capability... one tab for your grouping sort options, one tab for your alphabetical sorting options.

BTW, this second tab could then be used for other non-grouped sorting options, such as balance.
    Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian
    user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • kwp_chi
    kwp_chi Member ✭✭
    It looks like this has been "planned" since 2019, but nothing's been done. Please give it a higher priority. I have many accounts that aren't even close to what the subgroup heading says it is, and cannot change it. It looks terrible; PLEASE fix it!
  • dclewis55
    dclewis55 Member ✭✭
    I would like to switch back to Quicken, but can't without the ability to manually arrange accounts and groups, and form custom groups or folders contains accounts of different types. I sympathize[ply manage too many accounts. Please give these requests an urgent priority.
  • The PC version allows you to choose the order of accounts so they can be viewed other than alphabetical order.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    Hello @Egleyfarms,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and merged your Idea to this active Idea thread regarding this topic which is currently marked as planned.

Ideas are reviewed by our Development and Product teams to see what features people would like to have available in the future. 

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Anyone who voted in the past for this Idea post to allow user-control over the order accounts appear in the left sidebar should take note that the developers have stated that after two reviews, they will not implement a pure alphabetical sort option in the sidebar, but that they continue to consider ways for users to create their own grouping of accounts.

Because this thread has been labeled as "Not Planned", there is a new Idea thread focused on being able to customize the order of accounts in the sidebar. Anyone who would like to see this implemented is encouraged to add your vote, and your comments, to the new Idea thread.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • dclewis55
    dclewis55 Member ✭✭
    If a manual arrangement of accounts becomes a feasible user option, adding certain pre-programmed popular sorts seems an obvious additional feature requiring relatively little additional programming.

As to what the "popular sorts" would be, I'll abstain from voting since I need to use a manual arrangement of accounts. Possible pre-programmed popular sorts could include any of the ideas mentioned in this thread or the predecessor thread(s). Any ideas not implemented as a pre-programmed option could still be done manually.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Since this thread has been marked "Not Planned", votes and comments in this thread may not go back in front of the developers. That's why I'd encourage fellow users to add votes and comments in a newer thread seeking the ability to re-order or group accounts in the sidebar
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993