Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I merge identical securities

Louise
Louise Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken for Windows 2015 Premier
Windows 10 - - anniversary update just installed, but this was going on before that
I have somehow created 2 identical securities.  I need to merge all transactions for these into ONE security.  This security does not download/update and I think it is because of the duplication.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Can you show me the entries in the Security List for these two securities? I may have a solution, but first I need to see what you've got.

The Windows Snipping
    Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen
    image and save it to a file.

Please create image
    files of type PNG, JPG or BMP only.

To attach the image
    here, start composing your response. At the bottom of the text entry window
    you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I U S

Click the camera
    icon (not the video camera icon). It will allow you to select and upload the
    captured image file from your computer. The captured image will be inserted at
    wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• Louise
    Louise Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Louise said:

Your intermediate term bond fund has different ticker symbols. If it is for the same fund the ticker needs to be the same.
  • Louise
    Louise Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Louise said:

THANKS so much
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Louise said:

VBILX (admiral shares) are not the same fund as VBIIX (investor class shares. When you edit the security, you should see distinction in the name. You may want to shorten the name to make the difference more apparent.

So the deeper question is if you do own or have owned both of those secutities now or in prior times.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Louise said:

Yes, did all your shares get upgraded to Admiral?  Or just some?  Maybe you do have 2 different types of shares for it.
  • Louise
    Louise Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Louise said:

Thanks to all for pointing out the difference.  My vision is not good enough to see the difference in the I and the L.  Will have to work on why this is not downloading from a different angle.  MANY THANKS
This discussion has been closed.