Home Quicken for Windows Investing (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Investing Account Issues - Incorrectly downloaded transaction and unable to change account detail se

UnknownUnknown Member
edited June 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have multiple 529 plans with different beneficiaries through the same Edvest Account (it’s an investing account).  Three of the accounts work
perfect.  I can transfer money from my checking account into the 529 account, and
then I can purchase securities with the cash.  Transactions get
downloaded and it all works great.

For two of the accounts, it doesn't work.  I
transfer money from my checking account into the 529 account, and it goes
directly into the purchased securities that it downloaded (set up to use cash
from my checking account, not the 529 account - I don't like this).  Cash
doesn't show up in the account and I can't change the setting to use the cash
from the account (the option is grayed out).  So I have a transfer out of
funds in my checking account, but I have no corresponding transfer in of funds
to my 529 account.  Also, quicken downloaded the wrong transaction
information (security, shares, price per share, etc) and the actual security is
grayed out so I'm unable to change it.  I was hoping to re-set the account
somehow to fix it, so I went to Account Details, but I'm unable to access
"online services" or "display options".  I get an
error message that says "name already in use" (no error number) when
I try and click them.

Any suggestions on how to fix the
problem?  There are only 4-5 entries in each 529 plan, so deleting and
starting over isn't out of the question, but I'd like to try and solve the
actual problem.

I'm using Quicken Deluxe 2015 for Windows.

Comments

• q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    You may need to delete and recreate the accounts, but first I would look to see if they are designated as Single Mutual Fund accounts. See the account details for that yes/no setting.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks.  If I delete the accounts, what will happen to the Transfers I have made into the account?  Also, if my multiple 529 plans are tied to the same account and login, will it effect those too?
  • q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Thanks.  If I delete the accounts, what will happen to the Transfers I have made into the account?  Also, if my multiple 529 plans are tied to the same account and login, will it effect those too?

Make the SMF account check first. I suspect that is the issue and resetting that to no may well clear the issue.

If you do delete the two problematic accounts, the transfers will then show (I believe) as transfers to a deleted account. When you get the new replacement account right, you will be able to edit and correct those transfers.

(I believe) you will be able to re-create the new accounts and then link them to Edvest without particular issues and without negatively impacting the existing accounts that are working correctly.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2016

SMF account?

Yes, I deleted and re-created the accounts, but the problem continued in a different form.  In all of my 529 accounts I owned the same asset and the price downloaded correctly.  I recently purchased another type of asset, but quicken can't differentiate, so it only downloads one quote and applies it to all of the accounts which means the total value number is off.  Not sure how to address that.

What does a "single fund" mutual account mean?  I feel like that might be part of the problem, since when I deleted and re-linked the accounts, instead of showing one account with two securities in it, it was showing additional accounts (like each investment product within an account is a separate account - so an account with 2 securities in it, gets pulled as 2 accounts).  Very strange.
This discussion has been closed.