Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Stocks splits QW vs QM

Concordman
Concordman Mac Beta Beta
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Its been quite some time since I dealt with Stock splits in QW.. Can one of our guru's explain what difference ids there is one in how stock splits are handled?

Comments

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    Well, after playing with several sample files the issue is ( I pray) resolved. In the download from WFA a remove the original qty of shares & add split result shares. The issue with adding in the lot buys was pretty difficult to make work..

Almost gave up; In my hail Mary solution in a version of the file I had the day prior to the WFA download I simply did a manual transaction for the stock split..Worked like a charm..all lots are accurate. This may be the way I handled stock splits in QW can't recall.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016

Well, after playing with several sample files the issue is ( I pray) resolved. In the download from WFA a remove the original qty of shares & add split result shares. The issue with adding in the lot buys was pretty difficult to make work..

Almost gave up; In my hail Mary solution in a version of the file I had the day prior to the WFA download I simply did a manual transaction for the stock split..Worked like a charm..all lots are accurate. This may be the way I handled stock splits in QW can't recall.

Works pretty much the same way in QW unless you get "lucky".  As in QW would normally notice that a security has had a split from the information it gets from its quotes provider or maybe the financial institution and put it in for you.  Every once in a while some times that system goes wrong either not adding the split transaction or even putting in the "wrong one" (not split correctly).
This discussion has been closed.