Home Quicken for Windows Investing (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

investment transaction report - detailed purchases by date do not add to report total

Bill34Bill34 Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
See transaction total - Quicken reports the total purchases as $1,828.29.  However, the actual transaction total is $2,392.60.  My belief is that for some reason Quicken ignores two transactions averaging $282.155. 

The picture below is unmistakable.  I believe I can duplicate this result for other securities.  I have tried validating the file and no errors are reported.  This tells me there is something this report is doing that I don't understand.

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    When you did the file validation, did you check the "Rebuild Investing Lots" box, along with the "Validate File" box, before you clicked OK?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Or it would be two transactions of  282.15 + 282.16
  • Bill34Bill34 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    yes, i clicked rebuild investing lots, and yes it appears to ignore 282.15 and 282.16.  There must be a reason for this, but i dont understand it.  i see nothing unusual about the transactions
  • Bill34Bill34 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Thank you for trying - i figured this was a tough one
  • q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I would try generating the report for various ending dates (9/30/14, 10/15/14, 10/31/14, ...) to see which transactions are being 'ignored'.  Then delete and re-enter those transactions.  
This discussion has been closed.