Can't open file in Quicken 2017

Upgraded from Quicken 2016 to Quicken 2017 on Windows 10 (64-bit) and cannot open file.  Contents of debug.log file below:
[1013/130322:INFO:(0)] WebCore is now online.[1013/130322:INFO:(0)] Running Awesomium 1.7.5.1
[1013/130323:INFO:Awesomium.NET(0)] Registering Javascript Callbacks
[1013/130325:WARNING:Awesomium.NET(0)] System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out. The child process or the I/O thread, are busy. Please try to create the object again.
   at Awesomium.Windows.Controls.WebControl.CreateGlobalJavascriptObject(String name)
   at Awesomium.Core.JavascriptHelper.Register()
[1013/130326:INFO:Awesomium.NET(0)] Registering Javascript Callbacks
[1013/130336:ERROR:ipc_channel_win.cc(261)] pipe error: 109

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    What happens when you try to open the file? Do you get an error message? Does Quicken close?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Did you install from download, or from CD? 
    If download, did you download the complete file and then double-click on it to start the install?  OR did you try to install directly from the website?

In any event, I suspect that you have a corrupted installation of Q.  Use the QCleanUI process to clean-up what's currently there (a Win uninstall isn't sufficient)... and then re-install from the file that's been downloaded into your Downloads folder.  https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • shigadeyoshigadeyo Member
    edited October 2016
    mshiggins said:

What happens when you try to open the file? Do you get an error message? Does Quicken close?

Prompts for password, then hangs and screen goes wonky:image

Have to kill Quicken in Task Manager.
    edited December 2016
    mshiggins said:

What do you mean by wonky?
    edited October 2016

If download, did you download the complete file and then double-click on it to start the install?  OR did you try to install directly from the website?

In any event, I suspect that you have a corrupted installation of Q.  Use the QCleanUI process to clean-up what's currently there (a Win uninstall isn't sufficient)... and then re-install from the file that's been downloaded into your Downloads folder.  https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

Installation file was fully downloaded and then run locally.

QCleanUI does not yet support Quicken 2017.  I uninstalled the regular way though and removed all Quicken folders on the computer.  I reinstalled fresh and tried again.  Quicken lauches, but never moves from the splash box.
    edited October 2016
    mshiggins said:

Do you see the screenshot?
    edited October 2018
    This seems to be a Windows 10 problem.  The file opened successfully on Windows 7 computer with Quicken 2017.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    shigadeyo said:

This seems to be a Windows 10 problem.  The file opened successfully on Windows 7 computer with Quicken 2017.

@shigadeyo ; It appears that you have two accounts (one has your picture, the other a pattern) on this forum.  For continuity, I would suggest that you stick to one of them so that folks aren't confused who is responding, even with your distinctive screen-name.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

edited December 2016

The version of QCleanUI at this link does support 2017.

Probably showed up after you got your copy.

edited October 2016

Thanks.  However, this appears to be a Windows 10 problem.  Any suggestions on that would be appreciated. 
    edited December 2016
    mshiggins said:

So the screen turns blurry.
    edited October 2016

Actually, downloaded the new QCleanUI to try another uninstall/reinstall and it still doesn't support Quicken 2017 even though it's listed on the web page.  Quicken 2017 doesn't show in the list in the tool.
    edited March 2017
    File hang on opening can be caused by runaway reminders. Is the file size growing and growing while Quicken is stuck on the splash screen?
    edited October 2016
    mshiggins said:

Yes, everything is shifted and smeared across that screen until Quicken is killed.
    edited December 2016

That is odd, I tried this before posting earlier.  I did make sure that I did not have an old copy in the download folder or in the QCleanUI folder that I move it into and it listed my install of 2017.

edited October 2016

Did complete uninstall, clean, etc. and reinstalled... again.  Quicken opened and I was able to log into Intuit account.  Was able to open file finally...  Runs extremely slow/sluggish (contanstly Not Responding) on Windows 10 (64-bit).
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The problem described happened to me in 2016 caused buy a .net issue but I can't find the solution. It was basically to delete a folder that is damaged. I would start with :

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-2017-splash-screen-but-wont-load

And then also delete ALL folders Intuit etc... and try reinstall after that.

examples: 
    C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Intuit
    C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Intuit_Inc
  • Judi WoodJudi Wood Member
    edited October 2017
    mshiggins said:

I've been tring to down load this file all day been with Quicken chat.  Thought I had it then got message to right click on QW>CFG and uncheck read only.  I was sent to a website first then I was to right click on QW.CFG  I can't get there and don't know how
  • Linda DuffLinda Duff Member
    edited June 2018
    mshiggins said:

I can't get quicken 2017 to open on windows 10 ive been using since August 2017. Not tech savvy.