Quicken 2017 Doesn't Show Downloaded Transactions

Comments

• A. AdkinsA. Adkins Member
    edited October 2016
    Duplicate wording from a post I started. I didn't find this post earlier, but was told to join it.

Quicken for Windows 2017 R2. I downloaded some transactions, accepted all that appear and the Red flag is left on the Vanguard Brokerage account and the Vanguard linked money market. I have looked at previous posts and have a procedure printed to clear those flags. Doesn't work!

Step 1 download again. - no new transactions doesn't clear the flag

Step 2 check the account register -  There is a sweep from the brokerage to the money market clearly sitting in the account register. I do the "Compare to List" (note different wording), Continue on the brokerage account and it jumps to the money market with no transaction. I go back to the Brokerage account and it says "Enter a Valid Date", but I don't see where to enter it and there is still not a transaction to accept.

Step 3 Validate the data - I went through the steps to validate the data, it reported several security price dates at 1/18/2038. I removed those and tried step 2 again. Same result.

It has been suggested I try the automatic setting. I will do that tomorrow.

Added 10/25/16 I forgot to add from the my thread:

I wonder if there is any downside with just ignoring the red flag and pressing on. I could enter the transaction manually? 

From a product improvement standpoint, it is too bad the transaction can't be deleted or accepted in the list you find in the Online Center.

I forgot to say in the initial post that I was running Windows 10 AU Home version. This was a migration of data from Quicken 2016 and have used quicken for many years.

Update 10/27/2016 - Monday I generated a Vanguard transaction by moving money from a money market to the settlement account and in Quicken 2017 set Vanguard to automatic accept. Tuesday I downloaded transactions which downloaded a sell of the money market and pushed the stuck transaction out to the linked cash account. But the sell is now stuck and a red flag is now stuck on the mutual funds account. Wednesday I downloaded the buy of the settlement money market. The sell was pushed out to the linked cash account, but the buy is stuck with a red flag on the brokerage account.

It appears, that there will always be some transactions caught and I don't like leaving Vanguard in automatic. I removed Q2017, reinstalled Q2016, restored my data, did a download which picked up a couple of Vanguard transactions (no problems) and entered the few transaction I had entered in Q2017. I liked Quicken 2017, but will not use it until this is fixed. Let us know please.
  • Paul ForshayPaul Forshay Member
    edited October 2016
    QPW said:

Everyone with this problem, be sure to select the ME TOO button at the top of the page.

Me Too has been selected! All of the suggested workarounds are just that....workarounds. Intuit needs to send a fix, not a workaround. I keep looking and looking for what transaction needs to be accepted to get rid of the red flag, but can't find it. AUTOMATICALLY acceoting downloaded tranactions is unacceptable.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    edited December 2016
    QPW said:

Everyone with this problem, be sure to select the ME TOO button at the top of the page.

FYI, Intuit is no longer the owner of Quicken.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • kamcotterkamcotter Member
    edited October 2016
    GoQwkn said:

I have the same exact issue. Upgraded from Q16 premier to Q17 premier. Linked cash account doesn't show the downloaded cash transaction despite the red flag in the account bar. Hovering over the flag indicates I have 4 downloaded transactions (as I would have expected). The investing account showed the downloaded dividend transaction.

Same problem.
  • kamcotterkamcotter Member
    edited October 2016

Any idea which settings to look at?

Still a problem even when turned off.
  • demmiidemmii Member
    edited December 2016

Glad we're all in the same place.. and while the workaround, "works" I don't like to have my transactions auto. entered as I may miss something - I prefer to do my double check - So yes, the workaround works, but why would they break something that worked?  Especially since this looks more like a cosmetic upgrade.

As others have said if you have the same issue, please hit the "me too" button so Quicken gets on this and releases R3 - As I just looked and apparently we're on R2 already!?!

• Try This, Click on View
    • Click on "Dock To Do " Bar,
    • This will open a window on the left side of your register,
    • Click on one step update,
    • when update is finished the accounts that have been updated are listed in this window under "Review Downloaded Transactions",
    • Click on the red flag in the account that has been updated,
    • Click on the "review downloaded transactions" in the "Dock To Do Bar"
    • You should now see the downloaded transaction in the window familiar to Quicken 2016 users below the register.
    • When you are finished accepting /matching/ or editing the transactions and have clicked on done, a line is drawn through the account in the "Dock To Do Bar"
    It seems to me that the software designers have taken over the program from the business people and making the program more complicated gives them pleasure and confuses us hear mortals that struggle to use any program. 
  • Joe ConradJoe Conrad Member
    edited April 2017

Glad we're all in the same place.. and while the workaround, "works" I don't like to have my transactions auto. entered as I may miss something - I prefer to do my double check - So yes, the workaround works, but why would they break something that worked?  Especially since this looks more like a cosmetic upgrade.

As others have said if you have the same issue, please hit the "me too" button so Quicken gets on this and releases R3 - As I just looked and apparently we're on R2 already!?!

This didn't work.. for me.
  • edited October 2016
    GoQwkn said:

I have the same exact issue. Upgraded from Q16 premier to Q17 premier. Linked cash account doesn't show the downloaded cash transaction despite the red flag in the account bar. Hovering over the flag indicates I have 4 downloaded transactions (as I would have expected). The investing account showed the downloaded dividend transaction.

I've spent hours on chat support and phone support and no one told me this was a known problem! Since seeing this issue documented here, I've had them give me a copy of 2016 (I had upgraded from 2014) and will use this until a fix of the transaction problem is complete. 2016 seems to be working flawlessly.
  • cwwjrcpacwwjrcpa Member
    edited October 2016
    I am running into the same issue with a Schwab account with checking account linked to investment account.  Download gets activity correct in investment, but checking account does not show any downloaded transactions, although it says I have them to clear.  The section at the bottom of the register screen no longer displays items to match/add.  I hope someone at Intuit is listening and gets this resolved quickly.  According to the red flag, I have 5 transactions to review, but I can't see any of them to review.  I know which ones they are, and have manually "cleared" them.  Next week's reconciliation may be interesting.
  • cwwjrcpacwwjrcpa Member
    edited April 2017

The downloaded transactions window at the bottom of the register page don't appear for me.
  • KingofsquidKingofsquid Member
    edited March 2017
    Same problem here with a Fidelity Investments cash account. I have reported this issue to Quicken's  beta testing community.
    edited December 2016

Same problem here with a Fidelity Investments cash account. I have reported this issue to Quicken's  beta testing community.

It had already been reported. Another report never hurts, though.
  • JerryJerry Member
    edited December 2016
    GoQwkn said:

I'm in exactly the same situation. Upgraded from QD2014 to QD2017. How did you get them to give you a copy of 2016 till they fix the issue?
  • JerryJerry Member
    edited December 2016

Have you checked to see if your preference setting has been changed by the upgrade, either at the individual account level or global setting? 

I can confirm that.
  • edited October 2016
    GoQwkn said:

I called them, for the third or fourth time and they started having me go through the same steps to "fix" the issue. By this time, I had seen the problem well documented on this site and I told them. I said I wanted 2016 until the issue was resolved and they immediately set up the download. No problems. I haven't yet had a transaction to see if it's working properly, but I'm hopeful it will be.
  • JerryJerry Member
    edited December 2016
    GoQwkn said:

Thank you. I'm traveling now. When I get home I'll call and see if I can get the same deal.
  • edited October 2016
    Am having the same problem. Linked investment and checking accounts. Downloaded transactions appear at bottom of page for investment account, but not in checking, so impossible to remove red flags from either. This is a flaw that needs to be fixed.
  • BBGBBG Member
    edited August 2018
    +1 for this problem.  The accounts list shows transactions by the red flag, but there are no transactions presented in the transaction box, even though it has a red line stating "ACCEPT TRANSACTIONS...." as if there should be one.  The financial institution shows the transaction that I had to manually enter.  This mob looked like they had improved with the new owners, but apparently their support is as incompetent from reading these posts.
    edited December 2016
    BBG said:

+1 for this problem.  The accounts list shows transactions by the red flag, but there are no transactions presented in the transaction box, even though it has a red line stating "ACCEPT TRANSACTIONS...." as if there should be one.  The financial institution shows the transaction that I had to manually enter.  This mob looked like they had improved with the new owners, but apparently their support is as incompetent from reading these posts.

What leads you to believe support is incompetent?
  • BBGBBG Member
    edited December 2016
    BBG said:

Just went through a wasted effort where the chat rep wanted me to do complete uninstalls, cleans, reinstalls even though I pointed him to this thread and have the same error on my desktop and notebook.   All I wanted was to know was this properly reported and if not how to report it formally, and does it have a problem ticket.   Many others here have reported the same wasted efforts.     The chat rep gave me a link indicating it could be used for a bug report - it was a satisfaction survey and vote for new product features.  If that is not incompetence?   What the bug looks like is when there is a linked cash/investment account and there is a transaction in the cash account only.  There is no trace of a downloaded transaction in the cash account (excepting the red flag that there was a transaction downloaded) and the investment account shows "0" transactions but seems to want to process something but there is nothing.  Downloads in the investment portion of the account link to the cash account properly.
  • edited November 2016
    GoQwkn said:

I have the same problem with a checking account linked to an update nvestment account. I'm thinking I can enter transactions manually from my investment account reports until they have a fix, but what a pain! I have 2016 and 2017 disks, but used download to purchase both, so I'm not sure how to go back to 2016.
  • edited August 2018
    The fact that this issue with Q2017 is now well known and the chat and phone support people continue to waste customers' time and effort trying to fix this problem speaks to a serious shortcoming at Quicken. They should be letting customers know of the structural problem so no one spends useless hours trying to fix the unfixable. Shame on Quicken.

The one thing I would recommend if this is a problem for you, is to go on chat and insist on a link to download Q2016. This worked easily for me - all took less than 15 minutes and the 2017 data migrated, by itself, backward (actually didn't seem that it even needed any conversion). This is after spending at least 10 hours with support trying to fix this problem! I was assured (who knows if this is true) that my Q2017 can be reinstalled as soon as a fix is complete.

I have a serious lack of trust in Quicken at the moment.
  • zisaaizisaai Member
    edited December 2016
    BBG said:

This is a known bug and Quicken is currently testing a fix, hopefully it will be released in the next fix build. I know of two options to work around the issue: turn on automatic entry of downloaded transactions for your brokerage account or switch to Quicken 2016.

If you set automatic entry for your brokerage account then Quicken 2017 will also automatically enter the transactions in the linked cash account. You can set automatic entry by

- Edit account details for the brokerage account

- Select the tab for Online Services

- Click on Automatic entry is and select Yes - Always automatically add transactions for this account

Restart Quicken and download transactions for your brokerage account. This will enter the transactions into your linked cash account and clear the red flag on the linked cash account. If you have transactions that were 'in limbo' for the cash account, these will also be automatically entered into your linked cash account.

Alternatively you can switch to Quicken 2016. There is no conversion of data between Quicken 2016 (with all of the updates applied) and Quicken 2017 so you should be able to switch between the two with no issue.

I am looking forward to the next fix build for Quicken 2017, I would much prefer to be able to review downloaded transactions in my linked cash account and update/delete/accept as appropriate.
  • No StuffNo Stuff Member
    edited November 2016
    GoQwkn said:

Gave up. Reinstalled 2016. Had to re-link investment accounts but now all's well.
  • edited November 2016
    GoQwkn said:

Until this bug is resolved, you may be able to use the following solution. I was able to get the register to "accept" the downloaded transactions by going to Edit>Preferences. In the dialog box Register > Downloaded transactions, check the box "Automatically add to banking registers". After clicking OK, the downloaded transactions were added to the account Cash register and the red flag next to the account name in the Accounts bar went away.

worked for me. thanks!
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser
    edited March 2017

The fact that this issue with Q2017 is now well known and the chat and phone support people continue to waste customers' time and effort trying to fix this problem speaks to a serious shortcoming at Quicken. They should be letting customers know of the structural problem so no one spends useless hours trying to fix the unfixable. Shame on Quicken.

The one thing I would recommend if this is a problem for you, is to go on chat and insist on a link to download Q2016. This worked easily for me - all took less than 15 minutes and the 2017 data migrated, by itself, backward (actually didn't seem that it even needed any conversion). This is after spending at least 10 hours with support trying to fix this problem! I was assured (who knows if this is true) that my Q2017 can be reinstalled as soon as a fix is complete.

Yes, it appears that the database structure has not changed from 2016 and 2017, therefore it can be used back and forth without any conversion, at least for the current version of QW2017.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • edited November 2016

Works but with a HUGE caveat. The version of your database that reloads into the 2016 Quicken is the last copy saved under that year's Quicken, NOT the final version under 2017 Quicken. I just spent several hours redoing downloads and statement reconciliations that I'd already done. The price was worth it for me, but will become unpalatable the longer you've had 2017 Quicken on your computer.
  • edited November 2016

Have you checked to see if your preference setting has been changed by the upgrade, either at the individual account level or global setting? 

You can solve the problem while they develop a fix by reinstalling 2016 Quicken. This works but with a HUGE caveat. The version of your database that reloads into the 2016 Quicken is the last copy saved under that year's Quicken, NOT the final version under 2017 Quicken. I just spent several hours redoing downloads and statement reconciliations that I'd already done. The price was worth it for me, but will become unpalatable the longer you've had 2017 Quicken on your computer.
  • edited November 2016
    BBG said:

Reinstalling 2016 Quicken does work, but not totally painlessly. he version of your database that reloads into the 2016 Quicken is the last copy saved under that year's Quicken, NOT the final version under 2017 Quicken. I just spent several hours redoing downloads and statement reconciliations that I'd already done. The price was worth it for me, but will become unpalatable the longer you've had 2017 Quicken on your computer.
    edited December 2016

Ann, it sounds like you opened the wrong file. I've been switching back and forth between QW2017 and QW2016 for a few weeks now. Each time I switch back to QW2016, it opens the last file I used in QW2017. No need to do any catch up.