Quicken 2017 Doesn't Show Downloaded Transactions

Comments

• ShannaShanna Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm using Quicken Premier 2014 and it's a checking account with no linked investment account that had the same issue. 

10 accounts got downloaded properly and are in the "Downloaded Transactions" tab, but my checking account did not. If I go to tools>online center and choose this checking account, all the downloaded transaction including check numbers for sent payments show up there. However, when I click on the "Compare to Register" button it goes to the "Downloaded Transactions" tab for that account but there are no transactions appearing there. 

Here's a link that helped as a workaround. https://www.quicken.com/support/automatic-transaction-entry-preferences  (make sure and choose the second choice for "selected accounts", choose "on" in #4, and "yes-Always..." for #5). I exited Quicken and when I logged back in all the transactions were entered into my register. Of course there won't be the download tab since they were downloaded. I then reversed what I did and set the automatic transaction entry back to "off" since I like to manually accept them into my register. 

note: the first suggestion in the link will change ALL your accounts to automatically download transactions into the accounts' registers
  • WindyCityMEWindyCityME Member
    edited November 2016
    BBG said:

+1 for this problem.  The accounts list shows transactions by the red flag, but there are no transactions presented in the transaction box, even though it has a red line stating "ACCEPT TRANSACTIONS...." as if there should be one.  The financial institution shows the transaction that I had to manually enter.  This mob looked like they had improved with the new owners, but apparently their support is as incompetent from reading these posts.

is Quicken 2017 R3 update available now? Wasn't on Sunday
  • EdEd Member
    edited December 2016
    BBG said:

+1 for this problem.  The accounts list shows transactions by the red flag, but there are no transactions presented in the transaction box, even though it has a red line stating "ACCEPT TRANSACTIONS...." as if there should be one.  The financial institution shows the transaction that I had to manually enter.  This mob looked like they had improved with the new owners, but apparently their support is as incompetent from reading these posts.

@WindyCityME
    R3 should be available now. Launch Quicken and go into Help > Check for updates.
  • WindyCityMEWindyCityME Member
    edited November 2016
    BBG said:

Fantastic!!!  Thank you for letting us know.  Will give it a shot again when I get home from work tonight.  Will reinstall Quicken Premier 2017 and hope for the best.  thanks again.
  • Jim SuggJim Sugg Member
    edited November 2016
    BBG said:

Installed R3, fixes the linked account problem for me. Thank you, Quicken team!
  • Peter LouksPeter Louks Member
    edited November 2016
    GoQwkn said:

I have the same exact issue. Upgraded from Q16 premier to Q17 premier. Linked cash account doesn't show the downloaded cash transaction despite the red flag in the account bar. Hovering over the flag indicates I have 4 downloaded transactions (as I would have expected). The investing account showed the downloaded dividend transaction.

I too had the same problem but was able to fix it. After I updated to 2017  I  changed download automatic entry to off,(which can be found under tools-account list-edit) then updated all my accounts. Once the redflags where gone I changed my updates to direct connect for the ones available and no more problems with redflags.
  • steve13565steve13565 Member
    edited February 2017
    The trouble with having the entries go in automatically is that by the time Quicken has finished the One Step Update, the flags have disappeared.  You have to have seen the brief appearance of the flag to know that you have to look at the account to see new transactions.  This is a problem for me because I use a double entry bookkeeping system.  Due to past problems with Quicken, I have written my own software to shadow the Quicken account.  To keep them in sync, I need to copy all new Quicken transactions into my shadow software.  Thus, I have a real need to know every time a transaction is added specifically to this linked account.
  • zisaaizisaai Member
    edited December 2016

The trouble with having the entries go in automatically is that by the time Quicken has finished the One Step Update, the flags have disappeared.  You have to have seen the brief appearance of the flag to know that you have to look at the account to see new transactions.  This is a problem for me because I use a double entry bookkeeping system.  Due to past problems with Quicken, I have written my own software to shadow the Quicken account.  To keep them in sync, I need to copy all new Quicken transactions into my shadow software.  Thus, I have a real need to know every time a transaction is added specifically to this linked account.

The recently R3 fix release resolves the problem with linked cash accounts in Quicken 2017. The work around of setting the brokerage account to automatically download is no longer necessary.
  • David HarrisDavid Harris Member
    edited December 2016
    GoQwkn said:

I have the same exact issue. Upgraded from Q16 premier to Q17 premier. Linked cash account doesn't show the downloaded cash transaction despite the red flag in the account bar. Hovering over the flag indicates I have 4 downloaded transactions (as I would have expected). The investing account showed the downloaded dividend transaction.

Peter, Thanks..Had the same problem. Your suggestion worked. Should have stayed with Quicken 2015
  • zisaaizisaai Member
    edited December 2016
    GoQwkn said:

The recent R3 fix release resolves the problem with linked cash accounts in Quicken 2017. The work around of setting the brokerage account to automatically download is no longer necessary.
  • jcloudmjcloudm Member
    edited December 2016
    GoQwkn said:

I'm on R3, and can in fact now see a downloaded transactions tab under a linked checking account. However, I can no longer turn off automatic entry. I've turned it off in the system wide setting (for both cash and investment accounts), and in the brokerage account. No luck. Has anyone else seen this problem, and better yet, solved it?
  • zisaaizisaai Member
    edited February 2017
    GoQwkn said:

I just turned automatic entry off in the brokerage account and it worked. You may want to try turning it on in the brokerage account, close down and restart Quicken, turn it off in the brokerage account and restart again. It should not make any difference but could help.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    edited December 2016
    GoQwkn said:

jcloudm, that sounds like a different problem. You'll have a better chance getting responses if you start a new discussion for your issue.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • TGreenTGreen Member
    edited December 2016
    This is now a problem for me.  I have 2017 R3 and the problem just arose in that a "sold" transaction did not download into the register causing a mismatch between my Quicken file and the bank's records equal to the missing transaction.  I have a red flag indicating I have 1 transaction to review, but downloaded transactions shows (0) and there's a note in the list "There are no downloaded transactions to accept."  When I attempt to "reset the account I'm told that the account can't be reset because there are downloaded transactions that need to be accepted before reset can occur.  I've tried all the "tricks" that others have suggested for this issue.  None have worked.
  • TGreenTGreen Member
    edited December 2016
    TGreen said:

This is now a problem for me.  I have 2017 R3 and the problem just arose in that a "sold" transaction did not download into the register causing a mismatch between my Quicken file and the bank's records equal to the missing transaction.  I have a red flag indicating I have 1 transaction to review, but downloaded transactions shows (0) and there's a note in the list "There are no downloaded transactions to accept."  When I attempt to "reset the account I'm told that the account can't be reset because there are downloaded transactions that need to be accepted before reset can occur.  I've tried all the "tricks" that others have suggested for this issue.  None have worked.

Just read Quicken support article GEN82180 which directed me to Online Center for the problem account and saw the missing transaction listed.  Clicking on "Compare to List" (not Compare to Register as article says) did not solve the issue, nor did any of the other suggestions made in the article including restoring a backup.  Same transaction missing, but red flag says it was downloaded.
  • Richard1950Richard1950 Member
    edited January 2017
    GoQwkn said:

Had a similar problem with downloads, red flags, new entries. Had to log out, then back in to reconcile. That problem has cleared up, but now Quicken 2017 stops working every time I try to click on an investment account. I can't even "delete" the investment accounts, which I have to do now that Wells Fargo does not support downloads.
  • BerkleeBerklee Member
    edited January 2017
    I too, have this problem with R3 version.   Brokerage firm is Fidelity.
    Brokerage linked account document that the proceeds of stock sale should be posted to checking account - this is greyed out.

I have checked "Me Too"   
    I tried the workaround:  ' Edit>Preferences. In the dialog box Register > Downloaded transactions, check the box "Automatically add to banking registers". ' but this did not work - as I had already downloaded the transactions.  

Proceeds never show in the checking account, however.

Should I delete downloaded transactions and download again??
    I may need to reload 2015...  as I skipped 2016... not happy about this at all.
  • edited January 2017

I have exactly the same problem with a linked Charles Schwab account.  Nice to know I'm not alone but hope they get it fixed soon. 

me too!

• BerkleeBerklee Member
    edited January 2017
    BBG said:

Had no problem until R3 was installed - so for me R3 caused the problem and did not solve it.
  • BerkleeBerklee Member
    edited January 2017
    Berklee said:

Brokerage linked account document that the proceeds of stock sale should be posted to checking account - this is greyed out.

I have checked "Me Too"   
    I tried the workaround:  ' Edit>Preferences. In the dialog box Register > Downloaded transactions, check the box "Automatically add to banking registers". ' but this did not work - as I had already downloaded the transactions.  

Here is my possible workaround discovered from mining this thread and poking around a bit.

Using Shanna's suggestion above... "Here's a link that helped as a workaround. https://www.quicken.com/support/autom... (make sure and choose the second choice for "selected accounts", choose "on" in #4, and "yes-Always..." for #5)"

I did do an account reset which is in the same menu described in the URL above.

[I am still not certain that the above step is required, because...]

Then I went into the Investment Account and found that all of the downloaded transactions had been "cleared." Transaction by transaction, I uncleared each, until all downloaded transactions were uncleared for the month to be reconciled. At this point the transactions appeared back in the linked cash account.

So the solution may be as simple as just unclearing the transactions - or figuring out how to prevent Quicken from clearing the transactions on download.
  • edited January 2017
    Berklee said:

I have checked "Me Too"   

This freaking program is so messed up....I wish they would NOT release a not working copy and just wait until is is working! R4 version for windows doesn't allow it to download banking transactions.. from my credit union R3 allowed it to do that.  SO SOMEONE screwed up the code!  FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SO frustrated and would like a refund of the hard earned money I spent on this piece of crap!!!!!!!!  Support isn't even available when I have time for it. 5-5 pacific time only works for the west coast... how about the rest of the country??????? weekends are when I have time.... but they aren't available then.
    and now I have to sign up for ANOTHER program just to add my comments... THIS IS BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ChrisChris Member
    edited March 2017
    GoQwkn said:

Until this bug is resolved, you may be able to use the following solution. I was able to get the register to "accept" the downloaded transactions by going to Edit>Preferences. In the dialog box Register > Downloaded transactions, check the box "Automatically add to banking registers". After clicking OK, the downloaded transactions were added to the account Cash register and the red flag next to the account name in the Accounts bar went away.

This work around didn't work for me.
  • BerkleeBerklee Member
    edited January 2017
    GoQwkn said:

It appears that Q17 is downloading transactions to the linked investment account and then changing their status to CLEARED. If you go into the Investment account, and click on the "c" in the LEFT MOST column of the investment, then change the status to UNCLEARED, the investment will appear in the linked CASH account and you can reconcile without difficulty.

I have not figured out how to prevent Q17 from automatically changing the status of each investment downloaded to "CLEARED" after download, but this workaround, while a nuisance, will allow you to get on with your business and complete the reconcile.

I have had no success with Logging out/logging back in, reseting accounts, or any of the other workarounds above. I am on R3 version of Q17 running on a Win10 machine.

Hope this helps.
  • GlennZGlennZ Member
    edited January 2017
    Encountered same problem in Quicken 2015, found that "Automatic entry" in Account Details was on, turned off and transactions showed and could be accepted.
  • edited January 2017
    yeah, checked that already... that's not the problem... damn thing hasn't downloaded a transaction since 1/5.  I bet that's when a "patch" went through and messed everything up.  good job quicken.. way to annoy your customers and lose a couple of them
    !!!
  • FirefighterFirefighter Member
    edited January 2017

yeah, checked that already... that's not the problem... damn thing hasn't downloaded a transaction since 1/5.  I bet that's when a "patch" went through and messed everything up.  good job quicken.. way to annoy your customers and lose a couple of them
    !!!

I just updated my Quicken 2017 to R4 which was supposed to fix the red flag but it did not. If I cannot get Quicken to work properly I will have to try some other program and not renew my Quicken any longer. 
  • edited March 2017
    GoQwkn said:

I'm using 2016 Home & Business and I can NOT see downloaded transactions in linked checking account.  This problem started with the most recent R11 update (25.1.11.5). Why MUST the CUSTOMERS be Quicken's Quality Control Analysts?
  • Robert HamillRobert Hamill Member
    edited February 2017
    GoQwkn said:

I followed zisaai's suggestion for my investment transactions sitting in online center. I turned off auto entry for the account, logged off, then back in. The transactions were then available to accept, during which I found out that a choice of log id or average cost (they were sales) had to be made, which I was now able to make. Now I can rest and pay my taxes.
  • GeneGene Member
    edited August 2018
    I am having the problem on Quicken 2016 which i updated to R11 on Saturday.  Since then the tab has gone missing on my linked account.  I brought up an old brokerage account and linked checking account and it was missing from that one too.  Never happened before the R11 update.  And the chat people at Quicken are useless.  But they did schedule a call for me for Friday morning.  I guess we'll see.
  • edited March 2017

Have you checked to see if your preference setting has been changed by the upgrade, either at the individual account level or global setting? 

Great suggestion but the problem also exists in Quicken 2016!