Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Add the Ability to Print Budgets (97 Legacy Votes)

smayer97
smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
Just like in other versions of Quicken. It should allow printing monthly and yearly views, that is the ability to print the 12-month view of the budget.

BTW, it should be possible to print ANY window in Quicken, as it is possible in QM2007 and other versions.

Be sure to  click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count in the blue banner below, so your vote will count (it may take a moment for your vote to register).

Your VOTES matter!

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs (links now fixed):COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen?
Add your vote here:
Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

3 votes

Implemented · Last Updated

The options to print a One Month and 12-Month view of the budget are available in the subscription version of Quicken.

Comments

• smayer97
    edited August 2018
    You may also want to add your VOTE to MANY types of reports and report features, here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/list-of-requests-for-report-types-and-related-fe...

Go take a look at the list and vote for the ones you want to see implemented in Quicken for Mac.

Be sure to click on the link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of EACH page of THAT request in the list below to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac.

To do that, I suggest you read this FAQ on how to filter the IDEAS to just show the ones for the Mac version, then VOTE to your heart's content:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-getsat-faq-how-to-filter-conversations-d....

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page each feature, your vote will NOT be counted!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs (links now fixed):COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Add your vote here:

(

• Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Add Budget Report to QM2017.

Comparison and summary reports allow you to see spending and income, but they don't include any budget numbers.  Would you please add a report or allow for the direct printing of the currently viewed budget?  
    QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
  • smayer97
    edited August 2018
    A basic ability to print the 12-month budget has now been added to the Comparison and Summary reports in QM2017 v4.3. It is not very flexible. It is only a start.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Add your vote here:

(

• Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yeah!  It's there, but printing the budget takes way too many pages.  I used to be able to print my QM2007 budget on a couple pages.  Additional flexibility is definitely needed, but I'm glad to see the developers are making strides.  
  • smayer97
    edited November 2019

You may also want to add your VOTE to MANY types of reports and report features, here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/list-of-requests-for-report-types-and-related-fe...

Go take a look at the list and vote for the ones you want to see implemented in Quicken for Mac.

Be sure to click on the link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of EACH page of THAT request in the list below to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac.

To do that, I suggest you read this FAQ on how to filter the IDEAS to just show the ones for the Mac version, then VOTE to your heart's content:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-getsat-faq-how-to-filter-conversations-d....

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page each feature, your vote will NOT be counted!

I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-getsat-faq-how-to-filter-conversations-d...

The following are some of the many feature requests you will find: and many others.

Click on each link above, then be sure to scroll down each page, as some contain lists of related features. Then VOTE on EACH IDEA separately that you are interested in.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page of each feature, your vote will NOT be counted for THAT specific feature!

Add your vote here:

(

• Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Looks like v4.4.0 has addressed the issue of pages with the ability to change the scale, however, it doesn't include the ability to print just the annual totals or months that you select.  It prints all the monthly numbers.  QM2007 allowed the user to select what months/totals for the report.  It would be great to have that functionality added in to QM2017. 
  • Lyn Buddenhagen
    Lyn Buddenhagen Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Looks like v4.4.0 has addressed the issue of pages with the ability to change the scale, however, it doesn't include the ability to print just the annual totals or months that you select.  It prints all the monthly numbers.  QM2007 allowed the user to select what months/totals for the report.  It would be great to have that functionality added in to QM2017. 

"the ability to print just the annual totals or months that you select"
    YES! I really need a Budget Report (there is no report called Budget Report in QM2017 4.4.3), which gives totals only for the selected period, and includes the option to choose what accounts to include. This is THE most important lack in the banking (not investment) side of QM2017, to me. Currently, I have to go to Budget and export the budget, convert the .csv to an Excel spreadsheet, then go through many additional steps to get a total for YTD through the previous month-end. But I cannot exclude the savings account.
    In QM2007 Budget Report I could just use the totals columns (YTD actual, YTD budgeted) into my spreadsheet where I had carryover balances. It seems to me that this would be a fairly easy thing to do for a developer. 
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello all,

I have a few questions regarding this Idea, I'm asking for more insight as to what is specifically needed.

At this time, I am able to print a monthly view as well as a 12-month review.

Is this Idea centered more on creating budget reports?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jmlally
    jmlally Member
    Hello Tyka, Thanks for asking. I am a relatively new user to Quicken 2020 (Mac Version). I have used the 2007 version for years, however have to switch because Apple’s new OS won’t support 32 bit programs anymore. I am using quicken for very basic checkbook management and personal budget. I have 20 years of quicken data in my file.

I am looking for a very basic view for an annual budget. Line items in the first column, 12 months across the top — with a total column both across and down. I don’t want the monthly comparisons that accompany the current annual budget — just the budget numbers. In fact, I think the format that the “Edit Budget” shows would be fine — just can’t print it. Maybe I’m missing something since I’m new and perhaps you can help me out if that’s the case.

I finally exported the budget to Numbers and have been messing around with it, deleting the actual to budget comparison columns manually and adding the totals across & down. However that is tedious because the exported data is just numbers of course, so the sub-categories don’t carry formulas which screws up the totals, so I’m manually editing those cells in numbers.

It’s just frustrating figuring out a work-around for such a basic need. Quicken has a lot of capabilities, most of which I don’t need. But this very basic need is overlooked. Thanks for your help and attention.

Jeanne Lally
    PS I tried (as you suggested) to respond to the email you sent, but it wouldn't go through.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @jmlally

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it!

Below is a snippet of what currently prints for the annual view.

Is the confusion the difference column or that there are not enough customization options when printing? Such as the last 3 months, last year, etc? 

Also, you do mention that being able to print the edit budget screen would be helpful, I am currently waiting to hear more from the OP to determine the meaning/need of this Idea thread. 

Thank you for your feedback!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    This Idea is being marked as Implemented as the month and annual view of the budget may be printed.

There is an existing Idea thread to print the Edit Budget View available here.

There is an existing Idea thread to Actual Vs. Budgeted Reports available here.

Be sure to visit all budget ideas at Budget and Planning Tools (Mac).

To vote on an Idea thread, please visit the top of the first page of the Idea and click the grey triangle as shown below.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • smayer97
    BUT that is NOT what this IDEA is about. It is about being able to print a 12-month view of a budget, not a yearly view which only gives an annual total. It also has nothing to do with those 2 ideas in the links provided.

So, this IDEA, as indicated, is NOT IMPLEMENTED.

Add your vote here:

(

This discussion has been closed.