Home Quicken for Windows Investing (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken investing duplicate portfolios Quicken Windows Deluxe 2017

UnknownUnknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
From "Quicken Deluxe Update Summary".  After clicking on "investing.quicken" on the next screen I see my portfolio accounts listed twice and totaled together. Two accounts show modified May 8, 2016 the same two accounts appear again but show modified October 19, 2016. The balances in the May accounts are different than the October accounts.  All 4 are added together to give me a total portfolio amount but clearly incorrect.  I tried to delete the May accounts. I get a warning that they will be completely removed but when I attempt to remove, they stay and the problem remains.  This is my first use of this feature and I could be doing something wrong.  Appreciate your assistance. 

Comments

• markus1957markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 2019
    You are not doing anything wrong. There is a problem with delete. I don't use the feature but have seen what you described when trying it out. Some report using a different browser, something other than IE, completes the delete. I have found if you create a new portfolio from within the website that has exactly the same name, you can then delete it. The old one that was linked to your Quicken file is also deleted in the process. Then uncheck the investing.quicken.com box in One Step Update settings so it no longer updates.
This discussion has been closed.